DPR Forum

Welcome to the Friendly Aisles!
DPRF is a photography forum with people from all over the world freely sharing their knowledge and love of photography. Everybody is welcome, from beginners to the experienced professional. Whether it is Medium Format, fullframe, APS-C, MFT or smaller formats. Digital or film. DPRF is a forum for everybody and for every format.
Enjoy this modern, easy to use software. Look also at our Reviews & Gallery!

Shipping a lens back to Sigma

I bought a few weeks ago a 150-500mm DG OS HSM Sigma lens and I find it is almost impossible to get a sharp image, let say between 300 and 500mm.

From what I have read on this forum, my lens would need an alignment.

But before contacting/shipping the lens back to Sigma, would you have any advise to give, based on your past experience, as this would be the first time ever I ship a lens back to Sigma?

Thanks to all that will answer.:)

Jeff...I always call first just so that they know it is coming...not that it matters much...but make sure you do these things...

1. Only ship the lens back...take off tripod collar, hood, and any other extras you might have...only ship the lens with front and rear caps...
2. Ship where you can track-it...and insure the lens for what you paid for...they will usually ship it back the same way you shipped it to them...(at-least in the US they do)...
3. I alway double-box the expensive lenses...and use bubble wrap in the first box with the lens...and in the second box...peanuts...
4. In both boxes I put a copy of my receipt with the date of purchase, place of purchase, & serial number highlighted...also put my business card in there too for shipping back...then put a letter explaining the issues and what you have tried to resolve them...

Put contact info in with the letter....so they can call you...

Hope this helps out...

Tony C. :z04_cowboy:

Back