Other lenses that fit the CYmount

G

Hello all,
Do you know of any other lenses that fit the C/Y-mount? I'm wondering specifically, are there some old time lenses out there made by other makers (even obscure makers) that fit?

Thanks,
Lynn L.

G

Hello Lynn, from the good ole days I've got Hannimex 35-70 and 80-200 and last year I baught a Soligor 28-105 for traveling. The 35 - 70 was my first lens and it's quite ok, the 80-200 is hard to focus but for 20 Euro it's fun. The Soligor is a pretty good allround lens which I use often, at least it is better than I am.

Regards

Volker P.S. just read a signature somewhere: "some day I'll take a decent photo, until then I blame the equipment"

G

> [..Hello Many years ago, I bought a Yashica Ml Macro 55mm 1:4 and a Kitstar MC Zoo= m 35-75mm 1:3.5-4.8. The Yashica is a better lens. Jean-Luc Lemieux..]

G

I have a 2.8/20mm by SOLIGOR, which was very cheap. It is quite OK, but not really good. Because I do not need the extreme wide-angle (I have a distagon 2.8/25 ! ) very often, I didn't consider buying a better lens. The TAMRON 3.5/5-210 is more than quite OK. It is in my opinion far better than the YASHICA ZOOMS, but I hope it is worse than the ZEISS Zooms (never had one). A good and affordable lens!

G

I second consideration of Tamron lenses. They're among the better designed & built aftermarket lens lineups. The Adaptall mount means that there's a large pool of used lenses that will fit Contax--all you need is the Contax adaptor.

The SP series lenses are the better ones. I have a Tamron SP zoom that produces very nice slides.

--Rick

G

>> The SP series lenses are the better ones. I have a Tamron SP zoom that produces very nice slides.<

I like my Tamrons too. I have the SP 70-210 3.5 and the SP 17. They both work well and produce sharp images. Jeff

G

Thank you all for the info! (Volker, Jean-Luc, Matthias, Rick and Jeff)

I'm having a lot of fun researching these other lenses. Some of the history is fascinating. Since many of these lenses aren't expensive, it would worth tracking some down just to play with them. Could be quite a bit of fun!

The site you recommended (Matthias) had me spell-bound for ages! I will be spending a lot of time reading. VERY interesting info there. Thanks so much.

There is another site that I've been reading about (Yashica mostly). You might enjoy it if you haven't already seen it. Check here:
Please, Log in or Register to view URLs content!

Thanks again. -Lynn L.

On 1/10/03 4:46 AM, Contaxinfo.com wrote: > > Posted by Matthias Brinkmann on Friday, January 10, 2003 - 11:41 am: > > Lynn, > > this link may be interesting for you: > >
Please, Log in or Register to view URLs content!
> > Not exclusive about Contax but I liked it somehow! > > Matthias

G

I forgot to ask, Volker, you mentioned a Hannimex? That is the only lens I can't find when searching for info on the web. Do you know of any sites that mention anything about Hannimex? Thanks! -Lynn L.

G

Lynn,
I have a tamron 17mm SP and a tamron 80-200 F2.8 SP lens. Both of these deliver superb results. The 17 has lovely colour rendition and is very sharp. The Zoom is superb, especially for a zoom lens. I believe that it is supposed to be fractionally better than the 70-210 F3.5 although I have no proof of this. I really wanted it for its speed.
Regards
David

G

Hi Lynn, thats easy :) I've got one "n" to much. Hanimex is a australian reseller who sells third party equipment under his own brand name.=20

Have fun

Volker =20

G

> [..Hello

Do not forget Novoflex lenses. Match a Contax RTS and a 105 mm f4 Auto-Noflexar released with a cable (lens) and an electric switch (camera) via a Novoflex bellows - today, automatic bellows are available - and add a Novoflex flash bracket with on= e or two very small electronic flashes. You are busy in the garden for many days.=20 Moreover, with the right adapter use Summicron or Tele Elmarit lenses for very very small flowers. In the fields, use a 400 mm f 5.6 T-Noflexar with its Focusing Pistol Grip. Yes, an old gear for a man with white hairs but big surprise for your friends with their electronic gadgets. Finally let your gear home if you plan to fly. Many people and border polic= e think that You carry a rocket launcher.

Have a nice day!

Jean-Luc L. ..]

G

If you want a tack sharp lens, try finding a Tokina SZX 28-70 f2.8-4.3.
They're seldom seen in a Y/C mount but worth a look if you see one.
At 28mm sharp as a CZ 28 2.8 and sharper than a 28 2.0
The only complaint I have with mine is the plastic where you attach a filter.

G

Thanks for the further info. I always learn something new when I read this list. -Lynn L.

G

i had also an other lens than zeiss and yashica. a soligor 35-140mm. do you know what-i an photomagazine i could not read that it was a bottle-quality glass! buy zeiss if you can afford and shoot instead of endless testings and discussions. it becomes very boring here!

G

>>If you want a tack sharp lens, try finding a Tokina SZX 28-70 f2.8-4.3.
They're seldom seen in a Y/C mount but worth a look if you see one.
At 28mm sharp as a CZ 28 2.8 and sharper than a 28 2.0
The only complaint I have with mine is the plastic where you attach a filter.<<

I couldn't agree more. I own this uncommon lens and was surprised to see this post. This is one of the few times I've seen it mentioned.

This is really a sharp lens, especially for a f2.8. I have several Yashica primes and I would rate this sharper than all but my 15mm. There are two instances when I can recognize the lens used for a photo by the final image quality: my Olympus Epic P&S and this lens.

This 28-70 was part of the SZX series and was considered a value lens compared to the Tokina ATX offerings. The only concession to its consumer level status is the focusing ring. It does appear to be good quality polycarbonate, but otherwise it's a solid metal lens. If you ever find one second-hand, grab it.

G

I would also agree. I bought one new in box for 30 Euro on Ebay when I lent my 167MT Body to my sister, so that she has some flexibility in shooting.

As the Zoom had an excellent rating in German "Foto-Magazin", I thought, well, not Zeiss ... but for this price it's no problem if it isn't that good.

When I saw the results I was quite surprised. Less distortion on the 28mm side and equal sharpness than the VS28-70. Only the Color-reproduction and the sensitivity to flare are a bit worse. All in all the SZ-X 28-70 is an excellent deal!

Mike

G

>>As the Zoom had an excellent rating in German "Foto-Magazin", I thought, well, not Zeiss ... but for this price it's no problem if it isn't that good. <<

You don't happen to have a copy of the review?

G

> You don't happen to have a copy of the review?

Sorry, No! It's just mentioned on the Box and in the inlet. It's a 5-Star rating, which is the highest rating they give.

Mike

G

Anyone have a Vivitar 135mm 2.8 lens. Would like some feedback on this lens

Regards
Ong