DPR Forum

Welcome to the Friendly Aisles!
DPRF is a photography forum with people from all over the world freely sharing their knowledge and love of photography. Everybody is welcome, from beginners to the experienced professional. Whether it is Medium Format, fullframe, APS-C, MFT or smaller formats. Digital or film. DPRF is a forum for everybody and for every format.
Enjoy this modern, easy to use software. Look also at our Reviews & Gallery!

Hello and first question

mki

Hi there,

i am on the edge to purchase an contax 645 system with 80mm kit lens.

i am having a canon eos 5D II + 85mm 1.2 and TS-E 17mm.
i probably will sell my canon stuff to buy the contax and shooting film first until i have enough money to buy and digital back.

did i say sell all canon stuff? i am really in love with the TS-E and was wondering if its somehow possible to use an adaptor for EOS to C645 mount(is it called this way?) and keep it!
The image circle of the TS-E is huge so it would be definetely funny to test it with the contax.

so are there adaptors known to mankind to use canon lenses with this 645 system?

cheers

mki

Yashica 28-70mm f3.5-4.5 AF compatability

I have a Contax RTS (not a II or III). I am looking at a Yashica 28-70mm lens. Is the lens a C/Y mount? Also, I assume that the lens is MM, if so, will it work with my AE system? If the lens is AF, will it work as a manual focus on my RTS?
Basic questions, I know, but just getting started.
Thanks,
Sceaf3

Back