DPR Forum

Welcome to the Friendly Aisles!
DPRF is a photography forum with people from all over the world freely sharing their knowledge and love of photography. Everybody is welcome, from beginners to the experienced professional. Whether it is Medium Format, fullframe, APS-C, MFT or smaller formats. Digital or film. DPRF is a forum for everybody and for every format.
Enjoy this modern, easy to use software. Look also at our Reviews & Gallery!

Zeiss 80-200 and Zeiss Contax Mutar 1.4 X

G

I used my Zeiss-Zoom 4/80-200 with the 1,4 X Mutar recently and found the first results quite good. Even colour saturation seems ok. Is there anybody else who uses this combo? Any tests around?

Tom,
I too am using the VS 80-200 with the Mutar III.
I agree with you and I want to add the sharp.<font color="ff0000">•<font color="ff0000">•<font color="ff0000">•<font color="ff0000">•<font color="ff0000">•<font color="ff0000">•<font color="ff0000">•<font color="ff0000">•<font color="ff0000">• very good at all focals lens (since at 200 mm).
Very good combo VS 80/200 and Mutar III.
I tested the combo two weeks ago with three rolls of Provia 100 F slide and landscape scene with very much ligth.
I exposed one roll of Provia 100F at 200 Iso and I asked to the lab for developing it at 200 ISO(pay attention to the shadows in shooting).
Very good results:great saturation,high contrast,
very brilliant shots.Just a little (but very little) grain.

Posted by Peter Ye on Friday, April 04, 2003 - 4:43 pm:

Eugenio,
Can the 80-200/4 be used with Mutar I or II?

Peter these combinations are not good for VS 80-200/4.

Please find attached interestion MTF-charts from Zeiss: 4/80-200 + Mutar III.

<center><table border=1><tr><td>
mime_msword.gif

VS80-200+MuIII.doc (86.0 k)</td></tr></table></center>

As I stated in one of the earlier threads, I also use the VS 80-200 together with the Mutar III and have always been very happy with the results. Before I bought the Mutar, I talked to Zeiss, Oberkochen, and they told me, that they themselves had been very surprised by the picture quality delivered by that combination, as the Mutar III originally had not been designed for use with the zoom.
They recommended to me to go ahead and I never regretted the purchase.
Marc

Back