Panasonic Lumix GX85/GX80 product videos

dirk

CI-Founder
Hi,

thanks to a conversation with Rachel about the Panasonic Lumix GX80/GX85 and some lenses here in the forum, I realized that many users, who have not a dealer around the corner, can not grab a new product at a dealer to check it out and get a feeling for it.

So I tink it is a good idea to link here to different product videos of specific cameras and/or lenses so that it is easier to get a first impression about a new camera.

I start here with the Pansonic Lumix GX80 (Europe)/GX85 (US), since I use that camera too and Rachel was interested in that one. I will add other cameras in their specific forum-categories over the time too.

The Pansonic Lumix GX80 and GX85 is the same camera, but just different label depending on the region.

First the overview. You get already a good impression how it looks and how it can be used.

dirk

CI-Founder
This video is a tutorial about the so called "post focus" feature of the GX85/GX80.

Basically you can change the point which is in focus after having made the image. It will be probably not as easy as it is shown here, but let's see. I never tried that myself yet, but it looks interesting:

dirk

CI-Founder
And a video tutorial about the 4K photo Mode of the Lumix GX80/GX85:

Unfortunately, the 4K photo mode will output only jpeg files, if you want to extract a specific image out of your 4K video.

But apart of that minor issue, I am really impressed with that feature and how easy it is implemented into the GX80. The usability of the GX80 with so many features is still really good.

dirk

CI-Founder
Finally the video-review of "the camerastoreTV". These guys make really good reviews about new products. Highly recommended youtube channel:

Bear in mind that he is using the Panasonic Lumix GM5 himself for private shooting of his family. The GM5 is really tiny and has basically the size of a nikon J5 or Sony RX100 (both only with an 1 inch sensor). So his comment about "heavy" is relative to his GM5.

The GX80/GX85 is smaller and lighter than a Fuji X-Pro1, to give this another angle of view

Last edited:

rronaldson

Dirk, thanks for those videos. I've just ordered the GX80 twin lens kit. I should get it tomorrow. Thanks for your help and advice.

dirk

CI-Founder
Dirk, thanks for those videos. I've just ordered the GX80 twin lens kit. I should get it tomorrow. Thanks for your help and advice.
You are welcome. I am eagerly awaiting photos from you made with your new gear :)