DPR Forum

Welcome to the Friendly Aisles!
DPRF is a photography forum with people from all over the world freely sharing their knowledge and love of photography. Everybody is welcome, from beginners to the experienced professional. Whether it is Medium Format, fullframe, APS-C, MFT or smaller formats. Digital or film. DPRF is a forum for everybody and for every format.
Enjoy this modern, easy to use software. Look also at our Reviews & Gallery!

OM1 exposure ring not clicking

lineman_16735

I recently bought a new used OM-1. The camerea seems to be in good condition except for lightseals and the exposure setting ring. The ring does not click into place as firmly as my OM-1 md. Is this normal? CanI fix it if it is not? Where can I get light seal kits? Thanks.

Chris

>Not sure what you mean by the exposure setting ring. Shutter speed, aperture or film speed ring? John F.

Hi John. My mistake what I mean is the shutter speed ring on the OM-1 body. I can see there is some type of ball bearing or something towards the top and inside this ring...I wonder if this is what gives the positive stops

I recently bought a new used OM-1. The camerea seems to be in good condition except for lightseals and the exposure setting ring. The ring does not click into place as firmly as my OM-1 md. Is this normal? CanI fix it if it is not? Where can I get light seal kits? Thanks. >

It sounds like the ring is worn, because you can see the ball, or it may be gummed up inside. The ball is spring loaded and seats in grooves (detents) on the inside of the ring at each shutter speed setting.

Although, I have never used them, they may be able to assist you.
http://www.zuiko.com
Good Luck:

Gilbert

Hi,

Does the shutter speed ring stay in one place well enough to take pictures? Also, does it still seem to actually change the shutter speed when you move it? If so, I suppose you could just continue to use it. If not, Camtech is very highly regarded for repairing OM cameras (see Gilbert James' post for the link).

Back