DPR Forum

Welcome to the Friendly Aisles!
DPRF is a photography forum with people from all over the world freely sharing their knowledge and love of photography. Everybody is welcome, from beginners to the experienced professional. Whether it is Medium Format, fullframe, APS-C, MFT or smaller formats. Digital or film. DPRF is a forum for everybody and for every format.
Enjoy this modern, easy to use software. Look also at our Reviews & Gallery!

Yashica FX103

Just received an FX-103 as a gift. TTL works fine with the SCA 382. Like the ability to use non-MM lenses in P mode

Extremely nice and interesting camera. My first SLR camera. I prefer 103P even to 108

Hi

No doubt FX 103P is excellent machine but my query is about attaching Tamron programe adapter with tamron lenses in P mode. Will this combination work like Y/C lenses is TTL falsh photography possible?

Hi Shabbir Iv used the tamron mm adapter with contax RX and have had good results, but others on this site have had problems I sujest that you do a site search as there are a lot of posts on this subject, Also why not try it and see if it dose not work corectly you should be able to return it under warranty.
Sorry cannot be of more help John

Hi John Unfortunately no Tamron dealer in this part of planet and have to arrange from abroad so before purchasing one is to be worried because no question of return. So will wait some personal experience of my colleagues.

For MICHAEL
The 103 P model allowed me multiple expositions, had no DX automatic code that 108 MP imposed me without any possibility to change it and it was easy to underexpose or overexpose only by switching a dial, also because 103 had a more solid construction and gave me the metallic soundness sensation that I have never felt with 108 (beautiful crome colour instead of plastic). 108 has a 2000 sec shutter but only this with an incorporated motor in plus is not sufficient to add great novelties. Look also to usedcamera market: In my country (Italy) OLD 103P costs even 20 euros more than recent 108...Maybe other customers prefer 103.

Think for ex&le to a film like FUJI MS 100-1000 or KODAK PJM 100-1000 and other variable ISO films...With a 103P I could use them fixing myself the sensibility to expose pictures... With 108, DX code recognises this film only with a fixed and imposed value...

Back