CI Photocommunity

Register a free account now!

If you are registered, you get access to the members only section, can participate in the buy & sell second hand forum and last but not least you can reserve your preferred username before someone else takes it.

Photo management software

Just wondering, how do You manage your photo's on your computer ?

I've been looking it Adobe Lightroom, and I have to say, I do like the software. But I found that the quality of Raw PhotoStudio (to my perception) is better. So I prefere to use Raw Photostudio. But is has no photo indexing / management at all.

It would be nice to excange photo's between them, but that cannot be done in raw format (as far as I know), so the only option is to use tiff ??, and give super-huge files. Again, not an option.

I could not find any other small indexing program, that works with .psr, let well be only .x3f.

Any suffestions ?

Steaphany

Take a look at Irfanview:

Please, Log in or Register to view URLs content!

Irfanview has no trouble at all with X3F files and includes a thumbnail viewer/manager:

ifranview.jpg

This screen capture shows the Irfanview Thumbnail viewer with a X3F file selected and the Right Mouse Click pop up menu pulled up showing what it can do.

Another thing which I find helpful is to store photo files in a categorized and dated directory structure as shown in the Irfanview thumbnail side bar.

jasonh

I use Lightroom and really enjoy using it. I haven't used any other raw packages with the Sigma, but it has done what I needed it to do. If I do need to process a raw in another package, I'll open it in the other package, do my edits, save as a 16-bit tiff, and import it back to lightroom and stack it with the original.