DPR Forum

Welcome to the Friendly Aisles!
DPRF is a photography forum with people from all over the world freely sharing their knowledge and love of photography. Everybody is welcome, from beginners to the experienced professional. Whether it is Medium Format, fullframe, APS-C, MFT or smaller formats. Digital or film. DPRF is a forum for everybody and for every format.
Enjoy this modern, easy to use software. Look also at our Reviews & Gallery!

User comments btil June 2003

G

Both me and my son have a Coolpix 5700. Myself since july 2002, my son since 3 weeks.
In my son's camera, a bright purple “hot†pixel occours, always in the same location, in all the pictures he taken.
I did a test on my camera, and I found a hot pixel either, even if, in my case, because of its light grey colour, iti is possible to see it only in dark/white uniform test pictures.
Do you have any suggestion in controlling/modifying/fixing such a problem?
Thannks, Mauro.

> As you've only just bought it, you could try taking your=20 son's camera back to the shop as faulty. > Have noticed the odd bright pixel on my (old) CoolPix 950. They tend to stay for a while then disppaear.=20 Perhaps related to temperature? (noticed it on summer pictures) > Your own camera you've probably kept too long. Presumably it can't be causing that much trouble or you'd have=20 spotted it earlier. Suggest manually fixing the odd image where=20 it shows in an image edit program. HTH Malcolm =20

I just purchaced my camera. I was woundering if i can find some of the best settings for my camera. So that i can get the most from it.

> I've had my Coolpix 5700 since Feb. Took me about a month or so to get the settings to suit my style of shooting. My advice would be to take lots pics and read through the manual, Change settings as you go and as you figure out what you like and don't. Most of all just have fun. It's a great camera. Jackie

I bought my Nikon 5700 in October 2002. I have no many problems with it. It is realy great camera ... but... When I use the integrated speedlight, many of photos are overexposed. I have to passed a lot of menues to corect it before i can use camera. Does somebody know there is some ather way? I'd like to use manualy setings of exp., shuter and aperture, like with 35 mm cameras and speedlight, but I can't find a way to do it. Florijan

> [Have you tried setting the flash so it only pops up when you push the = button? I rarely use the flash as the camera is very good at adjusting for low li= ght photos.

To get the diff. control settings you need to push the mode button and ro= tate the command dial. =

The letter at the bottom left side of the screen will change. A is for aperature priority, S is for shutter priority and M is for manua= l. After you change the setting you can rotate the command dial to change th= e aperature or shutter speed. The manual is very good at explaining all the features.

To help with exposure you can also change your ISO from auto and set it y= ourself. It took me a while to get the settings to match my shooting style. Basica= lly I would just take pictures and then if I didn't like something I would look to see if there was a se= tting I could adjust. Having the availibility of 4 diff. user settings is nice because you can = set up each one for diff. kinds of photos. I hope this has helped a bit. Have a great day!]

Only had my 5700 a week but love it, couple of queries though. Is there a way to attach a UV filter to protect the lens in all modes, and can a slave be put on the hot shoe to use a metz flash
I would appreciate any advice.

Sharlene

Thanks Florijan, this looks like exactly what I want.

Best Regards
Sharlene

Installed the trial version of Nikon Capture that came with the camera. Installed the software without camera connected. After reboot, plugged in camera and system recognized the unit. Started the Nikon Capture software and go to control but it does not recognize that a Coolpix E5700 camera is connected.

Check the Device Hardware listings and all are there.

Is Nikon Capture suppose to recognize the Coolpix? No literature seen to suggest it should not.

Computer details are, Intel P4 2.66 GHz, 120 GB HDD, 512 MB ram, USB 2.0, ASUS P4G8X
Motherboard

Back