DPR Forum

Welcome to the Friendly Aisles!
DPRF is a photography forum with people from all over the world freely sharing their knowledge and love of photography. Everybody is welcome, from beginners to the experienced professional. Whether it is Medium Format, fullframe, APS-C, MFT or smaller formats. Digital or film. DPRF is a forum for everybody and for every format.
Enjoy this modern, easy to use software. Look also at our Reviews & Gallery!

User comments btil June 2003

Jay ...
You’re using USB 2.0 and if you’re using XP it does sometimes have issues with seeing connected devices. Go to the manufacturer of the USB card for a driver download.
I had the exact same issue with a USB 2.0 DVD Burner and Belkin the USB manufacturer had a patch for XP and it works fine now...
Hope this helps
Shaun

Learned that Coolpix 5700 will NOT be recognized by Nikon Capture. Too bad this is not mentioned in Nikon's literature. Adobe has come out with a pretty nifty plug-in for Photoshop 7.0.1 that will now recognize Nikon's priority RAW (NEF) files.

I bought the NIKON BP 5700 and 6 accu AA 2200 mAh, because the original Nikon EN-EL1 accu has no much capacity - but I am still no hapy. My Nikon doesn't work more than 1,5 hours with them !!! Does somebody know what the problem is in this case???
And another question: When the outside temperature is more then about 26 Celsium degrese, the zoom work with vibrations (litle jumping). Is it normal ?

I would Like to know what the best Compact Flash Card to use with the 5700 would be? ie 256 mb 40x compact flash by.....

brian

Nikon does not release the write speed of its cameras, however a Nikon tech was quoted saying that the CP5700 writes at about 12x. Faster cards will work fine, but be of no advantage. The file system limits size to 1GB.

Write Acceleration has not been implimented in any way.

larry!

Last night I was taking pictures at dusk, using manual and aperture-priority settings. The pictures came out perfectly. I then took a picture of the sunset, with a car driving toward me. AFter that, all of the pictures of the sunset were drastically overexposed, almost as though it were mid-day. Since then, all of the exposures from automatic or priority settings have been completely over-exposed.

Any ideas?

This might be a silly suggestion but, maybe you accidentaly turned on the exposure compensation function. I don't know about this particular cameras, but some digital cameras have some functions associated together, so that if you activate one, your activating the other without knowing. Cheers!}

I have recently purchased a 5700,and have experienced extremely excellent results, but only following much experimentation, it takes patience.Unfortunately, this camera has problems with external flash, however I have found a way to overcome the dilemma, if you have a similar problem, I'll be pleased to discuss it with you.}}}

My question on july 2003:

And another question: When the outside temperature is more then about 26 Celsium degrese, the zoom work with vibrations (litle jumping). Is it normal ?

I send the camera to the Nikon service . I got a new lens unit. For help to anybody with problem like this.

I have'nt ever encountered any serious problems with my 5700 camera that I haven't been able to overcome, just a little patience, however if it's a mechanical/electronic cause, I would suggest contacting Nikon on line, phone line.
Buono fortuna, Rollo

Back