DPR Forum

Welcome to the Friendly Aisles!
DPRF is a photography forum with people from all over the world freely sharing their knowledge and love of photography. Everybody is welcome, from beginners to the experienced professional. Whether it is Medium Format, fullframe, APS-C, MFT or smaller formats. Digital or film. DPRF is a forum for everybody and for every format.
Enjoy this modern, easy to use software. Look also at our Reviews & Gallery!

Zeiss lenses for Pentax DSLRs

dirk

DPRF-Founder
Administrator
FYI

Zeiss will offer its manual focus range lenses now also for the Pentax K lens mount. No adapter is needed. The zeiss ZK lenses will work in all modes (A, M, S, P)

The first round will be in August 2007. The last ones (macros) end of this year.

Carl Zeiss SLR lenses - prices

• Planar T* 1,4/50 ZK - € 503,36
• Distagon T* 2,8/25 ZK - € 671,43
• Distagon T* 2/35 ZK - € 671,43
• Planar T* 1,4/85 ZK - € 881,51
• Makro-Planar T* 2/50 ZK - € 881,51
• Makro-Planar T* 2/100 ZK - € 1.343,70

Hi Dirk,

That is interesting news. Joseph also mentioned it in a Contax thread this morning.
Does that raise the possibility of C/Y lenses being adapted to K mount do you think?

John

Hi John,

John Strain (Jsmisc) wrote on July 20:

' 2007 - 5:41 pm,Does that raise the possibility of C/Y lenses being adapted to K mount do you think? '

No, I do not think so. Zeiss wants to sell new lenses.

It seems that Zeiss is only broadening its distribution channels for the current ZS/ZF lens designs. So now you have the same lenses offered with ZK mount.

They always offer the lens mount which has no patent anymore and which is still adaptable to the newest DSLRs of that brand name.

But it is good news for Pentax & Zeiss users. They have now more choice.

I wonder if a third party engineer could adapt the lenses. I agree that it is very good news.

Back