DPR Forum

Welcome to the Friendly Aisles!
DPRF is a photography forum with people from all over the world freely sharing their knowledge and love of photography. Everybody is welcome, from beginners to the experienced professional. Whether it is Medium Format, fullframe, APS-C, MFT or smaller formats. Digital or film. DPRF is a forum for everybody and for every format.
Enjoy this modern, easy to use software. Look also at our Reviews & Gallery!

GK54 metal cap available in black

G

Does anybody know if the GK-54 metal cap (fitting the metal hoods) is available in black finish?

Does anybody own this item?

I asked the same to contax@kyocera.com, but usually they answer late and sometimes never :-(

Great answer!
This is a trustable shop, not far from me. I will contact him.

Thank you Guenther

He has also "black versions" of Contax UV-Filters and is a very good and fast (and trustable) Ebay-Seller. Div. black items / black 35-70 / and so on GV

> You could always do what I did to three GK-54 lens hood caps, and spray them with a fine coat of satin black Hammerite (available in spray cans), avoiding the inside where the felt rim grips the hood.

Guenter,

guess what:
The official answer of Contax is that they do not offer GK-54 in black, not even as spare parts.

BTW, (they think) they do not offer spare covers for TLA 140 as well.

If this is true or not, in either case it is embarrassing customer service.

Hi all,
Here in Hong Kong, black metal caps are available from Contax, so may be not in Europe!

I have to add that I bought indeed 2 black GK-54 at Foto Huppert in Germany. Perhaps they have stopped production and these were remainders. Not even better.

But for balanceing my critique, I have to add as well that I recently returned a 3 years old Planar 45 to Kyocera Germany at Hamburg. They cleaned up a fat dust particle within the lens - without any charge. This whas excellent customer service.

Anything black in G2 is difficult to get in NYC. B&H are the only retailers who carry it here. Adorama has nothing along with Focus Camera. All the others will kayfabe you and tell you they have black. Surprise! They have "nada" once you get tothe store. I purchased my black G2 with the zoom lens used. I wanted the 28 and the 90mm too. It made better sense to buy the black lens kit from B&H and to also get the 45mm as well because that is the only way the black 45 qualifies for a rebate.

Back