Polarizers

G

Do circular polarizers need to be adjusted every time the lense is re-focused or can they just be screwed on the front of the lense and left?

G

That would only be necessary if the filter mount would turn with re-focussing.

The quality of my Nikon 25-105 zoom lens is not at all bad, really. The only thing that bothers me is that it needs readjustment of the polarizer whenever I change the focal length, because the filter mount turns with the zoom - but not with refocussing.

G

> Do circular polarizers need to be adjusted every time the lense is> re-focused or can they just be screwed on the front of the lense and> left?

No , they need to be rotated each time , as witha linear one , until you can see the darkening effect on the sky , or reflections disappear , or whatever you are trying to achieve with it . Remember , they work best when at rightangles to the sun..... Steve

G

>Do circular polarizers need to be adjusted every time the lense is re-focused or can they just be screwed on the front of the lense and left?

Depends. Does the front element on the lens you are using rotate when you focus? If yes, then you'll have to rotate the polarizer. If no, then you won't. Pretty simple.