DPR Forum

Welcome to the Friendly Aisles!
DPRF is a photography forum with people from all over the world freely sharing their knowledge and love of photography. Everybody is welcome, from beginners to the experienced professional. Whether it is Medium Format, fullframe, APS-C, MFT or smaller formats. Digital or film. DPRF is a forum for everybody and for every format.
Enjoy this modern, easy to use software. Look also at our Reviews & Gallery!

Can the 70300 f456D ED be used with the D70

Any "D" or "G" and even some manual focus lenses can be used. If you look in the back of the manual, there should be a comprehensive list.

Bo

DX Nikkor: All functions supported;
Type G- or D-AF Nikkor: All functions supported;
Micro Nikkor 85mm F2.8D: All functions supported except some exposure modes;
Other AF Nikkor (excluding lenses for F3AF): All functions supported except 3D Color Matrix Metering, i-TTL balanced Fill-Flash for digital SLR;
AI-P Nikkor: All functions supported except 3D Color Matrix Metering, i-TTL balanced Fill-Flash for digital SLR and autofocus;
Non-CPU: Can be used in exposure mode M, but exposure meter does not function; electronic range finder can be used if maximum aperture is f/5.6 or faster.
IX Nikkor Lenses cannot be used.

> Just got my new D-70 last week and boy am I loving it!!! It has rekindled a passion for new creativity in my bones. I have been setting up a studio and this has been a great light meter and tool for instantly seeing the results. I put off digital for too long and now I see what I missed. The only thing I dislike is getting the images downloaded into the computer and working with them. I miss those 4x6 "previews" from the photo lab that I got with film. Otherwise, I WILL adapt. >

I'm considering getting a D70 but don't know whether to get the kit with lens. I have a Nikkor 24-80 but don't feel I would get enought of a wide angle with that.Should I gete a 3rd party lens or the kit?
Any comments.
Paula

Back