DPR Forum

Welcome to the Friendly Aisles!
DPRF is a photography forum with people from all over the world freely sharing their knowledge and love of photography. Everybody is welcome, from beginners to the experienced professional. Whether it is Medium Format, fullframe, APS-C, MFT or smaller formats. Digital or film. DPRF is a forum for everybody and for every format.
Enjoy this modern, easy to use software. Look also at our Reviews & Gallery!

Introduction

jotloob

DPRF-Patron Gold
Hello from Germany
I am an old member and just did a refresh.
Some members might know me as JOTLOOB

Hi Jürgen,

welcome back in the merged forums :)

Unfortunately, I got a heavy cold since christmas. Laying still in bed and am not up often. Lets rock it again here as in the old times. Just need a few days to recover from the grippe...

Best wishes

Hello Dirk

I hope you have recovered by now . I don't like Grippe , but who does ? ? ? :z04_kaputtlachen:

I am thinking of , how we could revive the HASSELBLAD section in this forum .
Let me know of any of your ideas . What could I do ?

Hi Jürgen,

yes, with 2 kids a flew is a never ending story. You think that you have recovered on Wednesday to find out on Friday that you got it again from the other kid. But after 3 weeks we succeeded to kill every bacteria in the household... :z04_123:

I just realized, that you are using another account of you. All your old postings and your club membership are not linked to that one. I will try to merge the two accounts so that it is reflecting properly your participation here.

Regarding revival of the Hasselblad community. That is a good question. MF participation in decreasing everywhere due to the innovations and changes in the industry. At least Hasselblad is now supporting again more the V-System. THey are offering again digital backs for the V system which might help, since the H System with the newest digital backs are very expensive. Also secondhand H1/H2/H3 are coming more and more available, so an affordable option to purchase. Scanning is often time consuming as you know...

So all in all, the future might not look that bad for a more lively Hasselblad community here.

IMHO we just have to "push" more the old friedns to leave "the house of lazyness" and show photos, photos, photos. Unfortunately I have no Hasselblad myself. I always wanted one, but the price tag was too high for me. So I can not do here a lot. I only can help on the technical side to make it as easy, as comfortable as it can be and as much fun as possible for everbody.

With this new software it is very easy to show images by linking/embedding them within a posting. I.e. if someone has all his images at Flickr, you just paste the code/link of that flickr images in the posting here in the thread and the image itself is showing here up.

This makes the showing of images a lot easier/more convenient and faster. Also the sizes are big here. You neither do need to be a Clubmember to use this functionality. I do not know how I can make it even more easy than that. If you have an idea, feel free to suggest.

Of course the traditional upload method is still possible too, if someone prefers that.

Best wishes

Hello Dirk

Thank you for your answer . Good to know that influenca can not be passed on through the forum .:)

I am thinking of contacting some of the old friends of camera-info . I will do so later today , when our visitor friends give me more peace .
Yes , there is still the old jotloob user . I tried to signup there but somehow screwed it up and was lost .
So I created the new user , but I am not really happy with it . So if you could merge the two to make the jotloob to be born again , I would be very happy .
Will stay i contact .
Best regards . Jürgen .

Hi Jürgen,

I merged the two accounts already. But currently under the username "JÜrgen". I can change this username into "jotloob" if you prefer this (because of this merge of the two accounts, the username jotloob does not exist anmyore since 20 minutes). Just let me know which username you prefer...

I forgot to mention that we will use in the future our CI-Newsletter more often. This will also bring back many users over the time.

Secondly we are also working on the formerly old Newsletter which was totally independant in the past from the forum and which uses a different software. The goal is to merge that independant newsletter with the one from this forum. This makes it easier for us to streamline the communication to the subscribers of these newsletters. Additionally the other software is specialized for newsletter mailings. But this will take some time still...

Thirdly I have a few other plans I can not talk about in public yet ;)

So I am optimistic :)

Best wishes

Hello Dirk
Our visitors have left . We had a nice time and the kids were happy because we all plyed together .
Thank you for your detailed answer . Please change back my username to jotloob .
You should then let me know which PSWD to use .
Looking forward to hear from you and your new plans .
Thank you and have a nice evening . Jürgen .

Hi,

yeah, the kids love it more, if we play with them than if we take pictures of them :)

I changed it now to jotloob as you can see. Password and email address is untouched. Same as you used for User "jÜrgen". Should work all fine now.

Best wishes

Back