DPR Forum

Welcome to the Friendly Aisles!
DPRF is a photography forum with people from all over the world freely sharing their knowledge and love of photography. Everybody is welcome, from beginners to the experienced professional. Whether it is Medium Format, fullframe, APS-C, MFT or smaller formats. Digital or film. DPRF is a forum for everybody and for every format.
Enjoy this modern, easy to use software. Look also at our Reviews & Gallery!

Contax N Lens in Tropics

G

I am interested to purchasing the 85mm 1.4 Lens. I have heard a user saying that the lens is very prone to fungus problems due to the humidity in Asia. I am not sure whether he puts his equipment in a dry box. The fungus started after 6 months from new

A contax dealer in my country inform me that new lens has special treatment to prevent fungus.

Is this dealer correct?

Regards
Shing

I will be shooting a wedding soon with my N1 with the 50/1.4 and the 80/2.0 on adapter. It is in an old mission that allows no flash photography. Does anyone have any exp with the iso 800 for weddings? I usually use NC160 and NC400 but I am concerned it will be too dark.

Thanks Gavin

Gavin,

I regularly shoot weddings sans any flash as most churches do not allow flash photography during the ceremony (see my work in the Contax gallery under the name fotografz).

I cannot urge you enough to use a tri-pod.
I shoot all the interior shots from ISO 100 to 400 and no more. The darker, fairly contrasty interior will show noise like crazy at 800. Use a cable release also. Watch your subjects and shoot when the moment is still. I almost always manually focus in such conditions so you can shoot exactly when you want rather than waiting for the ND to focus.

Sorry, you are using a NI not a ND. Fuji 800 should be fine, but I still urge you to use a tri-pod.

Back