DPR Forum

Welcome to the Friendly Aisles!
DPRF is a photography forum with people from all over the world freely sharing their knowledge and love of photography. Everybody is welcome, from beginners to the experienced professional. Whether it is Medium Format, fullframe, APS-C, MFT or smaller formats. Digital or film. DPRF is a forum for everybody and for every format.
Enjoy this modern, easy to use software. Look also at our Reviews & Gallery!

Zeiss Contax N 70-300 mm Lens

G

I got the 70-300mm zoom some time ago and never got a chance to use it until now. At the 300mm range, there is a red letter "Macro" on the lens. What does it really mean? I guess at 300mm, you can get the largest magnification in close-up. But it is not nearly Macro.

The lens does "click" over to macro.. I've had good luck with close ups using it..

Jeff, thanks for telling me that the lens can click over to Macro. I did not know since my lens stop at 300mm and don't know anything what the red Macro label is about. Today, I turned the zoom with a little extra force and it does clicks to Macro. After that I can turn the lens between 300mm and Macro smoothly. That's the problem when you buy stuff online and never read the manual. BTW, does the manual mention anything about this?

Back