DPR Forum

Welcome to the Friendly Aisles!
DPRF is a photography forum with people from all over the world freely sharing their knowledge and love of photography. Everybody is welcome, from beginners to the experienced professional. Whether it is Medium Format, fullframe, APS-C, MFT or smaller formats. Digital or film. DPRF is a forum for everybody and for every format.
Enjoy this modern, easy to use software. Look also at our Reviews & Gallery!

A few of my bird images

BrandonBirder

I thought I would post a few bird images to make a start and see how the forum works.
This was a sequence at Cley where a pair of marsh harriers worked together. One to distract the avocet pair whilst the other nipped in and stole an egg. All sorts of birds went up and attacked the marauding harrier. I quite like depicting bird behaviour being a bird watcher first (55 Years) and an enthusiast bird photographer (13 years).The images were put together into a panel for a local club competition.
F41EF850-7503-4681-AEF1-034639145A0E.jpeg
  • NIKON CORPORATION - NIKON D500
  • 200.0-500.0 mm f/5.6
  • 500.0 mm
  • ƒ/5.6
  • 1/1250 sec
  • Pattern
  • Auto exposure
  • ISO 160

That's very cunning between the two. Very interesting behaviour post this one.

Here it's magpies and Spur winged plovers that go after the Hawks Brandon. Great sequence and be very glad you are not a Harrier.

Danny.

Wow nice grouping all in one. Super editing. Very impressive. All those years as a bird watcher is probably a better tool then you could buy. Although I do envy your D500. I wish it would have been out before I locked myself into Canon. (7Dii).
The photos are just the icing on the cake. The journey and in the field are the fun part. Thanks for sharing.

That's very cunning between the two. Very interesting behaviour post this one.

Here it's magpies and Spur winged plovers that go after the Hawks Brandon. Great sequence and be very glad you are not a Harrier.

Danny.
Thanks Danny. I didn’t post images often on DPReview, but since moving feel inclined to do more.

Wow nice grouping all in one. Super editing. Very impressive. All those years as a bird watcher is probably a better tool then you could buy. Although I do envy your D500. I wish it would have been out before I locked myself into Canon. (7Dii).
The photos are just the icing on the cake. The journey and in the field are the fun part. Thanks for sharing.
Thanks Ken. I try to teach birdcraft to our clubs learning and development group. That and good technique saves several seconds in getting set up for a shot.
I still occasionally use the D500 but now prefer the lighter weight of M43.

Great sequence. Very interesting.

Nice Sequence Brandon and really nice to see you here. I like the way images turn out here and we are lucky to have a wonderful nature photographer with us.

Larry

Back