DPR Forum

Welcome to the Friendly Aisles!
DPRF is a photography forum with people from all over the world freely sharing their knowledge and love of photography. Everybody is welcome, from beginners to the experienced professional. Whether it is Medium Format, fullframe, APS-C, MFT or smaller formats. Digital or film. DPRF is a forum for everybody and for every format.
Enjoy this modern, easy to use software. Look also at our Reviews & Gallery!

Flash Extender for TLA200

G

I have a TLA-200 for my G2 as many of you have. The problem with the flash is that it is placed too close to the lens and there are problems with red eye. Does anyone know of a manufacturer who makes a flash extender to raise the height of this flash a few inches?

Thanks,

I use a Nikon SC-17 cord with mine. I think it works better than having a ridgid connection between flash and camera.

Thanks - I do have an off camera TTL chord from Contax but the issue has to do more with not tying up 2 hands to take a picture. Something that could be just lifted above a crowd and shot with one hand
happy.gif
- Maybe something homemade will be necessary ;)

Hi Almon, Another perfect solution is the use of a Contax TLA 280 flash. Direct and indirect flash options and guide number 28. With a bouncer (eg Lumiquest) perfect results. Such a flash is regularly offered on Ebay. Actually I have one for sale right now on Ebay Germany.

Peter

Or you can simply use an off camera lead and a standard bracket- not = sure if all the TTL functions will work though.

John

John et al.,

You'll retain TTL capabilities if you combine an L bracket with an appropriate hotshoe extension cable (Contax or evidently Nikon), rather than using the universal synch socket that's on the body.

And, you'll get that second hand back.

--Rick

so......are we saying that the pins which support Contax TTL, also support Nikon TTL?

ie, if I have a TLA cord with shoe at either end, I can use it on a Nikon SLR and get TTL flash? with a Contax TLA360?

essentially what I am asking is, are the protocols identical?

Back