DPR Forum

Welcome to the Friendly Aisles!
DPRF is a photography forum with people from all over the world freely sharing their knowledge and love of photography. Everybody is welcome, from beginners to the experienced professional. Whether it is Medium Format, fullframe, APS-C, MFT or smaller formats. Digital or film. DPRF is a forum for everybody and for every format.
Enjoy this modern, easy to use software. Look also at our Reviews & Gallery!

Have you seen...? Exify & Exif Viewer - see Exif data of images

Status
Not open for further replies.

dirk

DPRF-Founder
Administrator
There is a browser addon for the Firefox browser available called "Exif Viewer":

Bear in mind, that the owner of the image needs to have left the Exif data in the image. Otherwise you vcan not see them.

Install this to the Firefox browser. Click on an image in a posting with a right mouseclick, select Exif Viewer and to see its Exif data.

See also this video:

Last edited:
Here is another one, which is even better. It is called Exify.

Install this different firefox plugin:

This looks really great! You hoover over the image and the Exif are displayed automatically at the bottom of the image. Very elegant looking!

exifdata_firefox_exify.jpg

Exify exist for Safari and for Chrome:

Last edited:
Exify is NOT in the Googel app store. You have to install the chrome version from their website.

The download button sais "Download the Desktop version". I pressed it although it is a smartphone. Confirmation message that installation was successful.

To use it on Chrome is different than Firefox. Hoover over the image is not enough. You have to click on it. After that on the buttom is an "i". Click on that and you see the Exif data.

I will add screenshots later here.

It seems that the firefox version on their website is only compatible with a Desktop. Not with Android. That is a pitty.

IPad air 2020 and Exify.
Safari: does not work
Chrome: Yes, install it like with the smartphone above, but result looks different. See screenshot below.
Firefox: does not work

exif.png

But still, this is for almost all user an excellent solution, because everybody ahs access to firefox and Chrome browser,

An a Mac Desktop it works too, by the way.

I use Safari for all my web browsing on my iMac. Unfortunately the link you provide to get a Safari extension only shows Chrome and Firefox.

Exify exist for Safari and for Chrome:

https://www.exify.io/
I have downloaded and installed it in Firefox and agree it is a handy tool to have. So I'd love to have it for Safari. Please clarify this:

An a Mac Desktop it works too, by the way.

I have downloaded and installed it in Firefox and agree it is a handy tool to have. So I'd love to have it for Safari. Please clarify this:

This is what a Mac user told me at our sister forum L-Mount-Forum.com

I will check with him again. Which Apple OS and which Safari version are you using?

Thanks.

macOS Monterey
Version 12.6.4

Safari
Version 16.4 (17615.1.26.101.9, 17615)

iMac (Retina 5K, 27-inch, 2017)
Processor 3.4 GHz Quad-Core Intel Core i5
Memory 32 GB 2400 MHz DDR4
Startup Disk Fusion HD
Graphics Radeon Pro 570 4 GB

Hey, Dirk, I like this add-on a lot! Especially that you can customize what is shown when you click the logo, even down to what software was used to edit. Brilliant! Thanks for the info!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back