DPR Forum

Welcome to the Friendly Aisles!
DPRF is a photography forum with people from all over the world freely sharing their knowledge and love of photography. Everybody is welcome, from beginners to the experienced professional. Whether it is Medium Format, fullframe, APS-C, MFT or smaller formats. Digital or film. DPRF is a forum for everybody and for every format.
Enjoy this modern, easy to use software. Look also at our Reviews & Gallery!

What is the value of this camera

here's the photo.
36033.jpg

Hi guys,

I am surprised how much interest is in the older leica collections out there. If you want to, feel free to open new threads for each model in this Leica classic section and upload photos of the specific cameras incl. comments with it.

This might be the best possibility to add also comments from others so that one big "knowledgebase" can be developped fast.

The upload limits within the forum are 100KB and 600x400 pixel which gives you really big quality pictures. Use in photoshop the function "save as web.." this is reducing the image size dramatically without loosing to much quality. You can chnge in this menu also the qaulity from 0-100 and the pixel size.

Hope that helps

Dirk

Mike - based on your new photo, I agree with you - the camera has not been repainted and looks completely genuine, allowing for the the factory modifications to later standards (quite common with pre-war Leicas). And the serial number checks for a Leica D.
Again, a beautiful camera - if sold with the lens and case and given the available provenance info, I would expect you could get something over $600, or better.
But it's much more valuable to use and treasure. As you can see, I am not a collector.

Sincerely, Max

Justin et alii,

could you provide us with some of your collected images of older Leica cameras?

You can start a thread for each model with the model name as the thread topic. Then you can upload the image as a first comment and write a line like when it was available and what a fair price would be nowadays.

This would help many others collectors for learning more about all these Leicas.

If I can assist you in any way for making it easier for, let me know...

Dirk

Great idea Dirk,

I will have a look at what I have as digital images.

Justin

Mike,

Go to www.cameraquest.com for a good website with lots of pictures of classic cameras. Select "Classic Camera Profiles" and you will find a chapter on Leica II and many other fine stuff.
The Leica Historical Society of America is another good source: www.lhsa.org

Jacques

I have the luck of having a Nikon 105/2.5 LTM with all original caps and hood. S\Also has the original case. The condition is mint. My concern is that when I've used it on my Leica IIIF red dial, IIIF red dialST, and /Canon SII the lens screws in all the way , focus accuratly but the tripod mount screw hole never lines up on the vertical at 90degrees. Is this a common anomoly of the lens or is my tripod mount incorrectly adjusted. I've examined the screw heads and they never seem to have been touched. So I wonder if its just characteristic of this lens. This never allows me to use the tripod and all my uses have been handheld. Results are phenomenal, but I always wonder what a tripod could add to its already outstanding images. Thanks for any info you can share. DLR

Dear Manuel,

That is normal. It is the focusing cam that is the important location.

As an experiment put the lens in a tripod and make sure all is sitting horizontally. Then screw the camera onto the lens and just before it is tight unscrew until the camera is also horizontal.

Now take a few photos at infinity and a few more at one metre. If that solves your problem have a fine-mechanic make up a thin spacer for the back of the lens.

Great lens, I have suggested to Leica a similar focal length and speed.

Regards,

Justin

Back