DPR Forum

Welcome to the Friendly Aisles!
DPRF is a photography forum with people from all over the world freely sharing their knowledge and love of photography. Everybody is welcome, from beginners to the experienced professional. Whether it is Medium Format, fullframe, APS-C, MFT or smaller formats. Digital or film. DPRF is a forum for everybody and for every format.
Enjoy this modern, easy to use software. Look also at our Reviews & Gallery!

Rubbish or Art

Interesting that when I hover over your images I get a Flickr logo and left and right arrows that advance to the next image (on Flickr ?).

I was hoping that "exify" would announce the exif data like it does on inserted images that have exif data.

Gary, I am hopeless at this - all I am doing is posting the URL from my old (ancient) abandoned Flickr a/c. I have no less than 3,700+ old images in there gong back to the dawn of my digital photography. Flickr is threatening to chop 2,700 images out of that archive if I don't pay them a regular sum to preserve them. I do have them all backed up somewhere but these are easier to find and post.

Not strictly what this forum might be all about but it does give a bit of an idea on what I have bene up to with my cameras. I have not been only a gearhead chatting about kit.

This is just a sample of my oevre and not a parade of specific data - I am sure that the original images are much more introspection.

Thanks for the comment - but I thought I had best quite before I got into trouble ....

Tom - No worries, I just thought it was interesting that the images from Flickr apparently carry the previous/next information with them from Flickr.

I have never used an "add-in" before because DPReview had it built in. When I saw this site didn't I looked at a couple and liked the was that the exify add-in worked: it just displays the exif alongthe bottom of the image (another one I tried opened the exif in a new window).

exify doesn't work on Flickr but the exif data is displayed below the images on the Flickr page anyway.

Tom - No worries, I just thought it was interesting that the images from Flickr apparently carry the previous/next information with them from Flickr.

I have never used an "add-in" before because DPReview had it built in. When I saw this site didn't I looked at a couple and liked the was that the exify add-in worked: it just displays the exif alongthe bottom of the image (another one I tried opened the exif in a new window).

exify doesn't work on Flickr but the exif data is displayed below the images on the Flickr page anyway.
Yesterday was a busy day for a retired person apart from doing some posting/moderating between a forum slowly slipping away and a new one where I have many things yet to learn. There was a visit to friends, getting some kit ready for a bands photo op and attending it. I have not 'done' a band for perhaps 15 years and I needed to re-sharpen my skills there. Somehow I managed to visit my ancient Flickr account and figured out how to lift off some images and post them here for some fun. Must take some time to do better. But perhaps there is some room on this forum for some historically cpatured images form our individual archives. This was a spur of the moment issue for me.

I would suggest that others could show some of our old best images for general enjoyment. Danny (NZ Macro) has already shown us some of his excellent birding images.

Today I have to have a closer look at my efforts from last night - I hope that I have some worth posting. :)

#21 & 22
testing some GM5 images of old This was taken with a Panasonic GM5 with 35-100/2.8 lens at a very large auditorium in Brisbane - show was "Wizard of Oz" and the packed stadium image shows just how large it was and how far away the seating position was from the stage.

P1040276-01.jpg
  • Panasonic - DMC-GM5
  • 35.0 mm
  • ƒ/2.8
  • 1/100 sec
  • Spot
  • Auto exposure
  • ISO 200

P1030874-02.jpg
  • Panasonic - DMC-GM5
  • 100.0 mm
  • ƒ/2.8
  • 1/400 sec
  • Spot
  • Auto exposure
  • ISO 200

Last edited:
#24 & 25
For those that think of Australia as barren desert, dry plains or endless surf beaches - we do have temperate rain forest as well:

P1070851-02.JPG
  • Panasonic - DMC-GM1
  • 17.0 mm
  • ƒ/11
  • 1/5 sec
  • Spot
  • Auto exposure
  • ISO 1600

After I waved my paint brush over it it was less gloomy to hang on the wall:

P1070851-0111.jpg

Last edited:
Back