DPR Forum

Welcome to the Friendly Aisles!
DPRF is a photography forum with people from all over the world freely sharing their knowledge and love of photography. Everybody is welcome, from beginners to the experienced professional. Whether it is Medium Format, fullframe, APS-C, MFT or smaller formats. Digital or film. DPRF is a forum for everybody and for every format.
Enjoy this modern, easy to use software. Look also at our Reviews & Gallery!

DPR will live

Dirk, do you have stastics on the number of users versus the number of contributors here? Is this site still growing?

Yes and yes :daumenhoch:

We are very satisfied with the growth and how DPRF develops.

Yes and yes :daumenhoch:

We are very satisfied with the growth and how DPRF develops.
It it is anything like dpreview there will be a huge amount of "lurkers" - those that read posts but do not post themselves. This is part and parcel of this sort of forum business. But it is those that do post that create the material upon which the forum will ultimately thrive.

It it is anything like dpreview there will be a huge amount of "lurkers" - those that read posts but do not post themselves. This is part and parcel of this sort of forum business. But it is those that do post that create the material upon which the forum will ultimately thrive.

A touch of thread creep here, but yes., those that post keep a forum moving forward.

My question is, what is it that inhibits so many people NOT post? (this is the sociologist in me, rather than the photo enthusiast).

My question is, what is it that inhibits so many people NOT post? (this is the sociologist in me, rather than the photo enthusiast).

If you have found the answer to this and a way to change that, you will be billionaire. :z04-tujxsmus:

Yes! DPR will live on! May 11 2023 Announcement.

Dear readers,

We're coming up on about a month since our last update here and wanted to thank our community for continuing to support us.
We know you have questions about the status of DPReview since our last communication, and while there is nothing to share right now, we will continue to keep you informed as there are updates to share. In the meantime, we continue to publish news and features (some of my recent favorites have been a three part deep dive into understanding the science of dynamic range from May 2 and learning about the dream cameras our readers most want from May 8). Our forums also remain open and continue to be supported.

Thanks again to our faithful readers. You are what makes DPReview special.

Scott Everett
General Manager - DPReview.com

This announcement can mean all or nothing. I would have preferred a clear statement what they re planning to do, in which time frame amd when do they plan to do what.

and while there is nothing to share right now, we will continue to keep you informed as there are updates to share. In the meantime, we continue to publish news and features

If you look at it, they say nothing else than what they said in their second announcement after the shut down date. Even in the YouTube video of Chris & Jordan both said, they will still pubslish stories until DPR is shut down. So what is now the new information, except that they are still archiving?

Back