DPR Forum

Welcome to the Friendly Aisles!
DPRF is a photography forum with people from all over the world freely sharing their knowledge and love of photography. Everybody is welcome, from beginners to the experienced professional. Whether it is Medium Format, fullframe, APS-C, MFT or smaller formats. Digital or film. DPRF is a forum for everybody and for every format.
Enjoy this modern, easy to use software. Look also at our Reviews & Gallery!

Cedar waxwing security guards

Barbie Heid

If you wander by Hammonasset Beach State Park, what those cedar waxwings - they'll call the cops on you!

NIK_0173 final.jpg

NIK_0441 final.jpg
  • NIKON CORPORATION - NIKON D7100
  • 150.0-600.0 mm f/5.0-6.3
  • 600.0 mm
  • ƒ/6.3
  • 1/1500 sec
  • Pattern
  • Manual exposure
  • ISO 2500

Thank you! I usually can never get near them, but blackbirds were distracting them.
I have lots and lots of cedar waxwing photos….but I don’t have one as good as your “portrait” shot.

I’m quite jealous! :oops:

I have lots and lots of cedar waxwing photos….but I don’t have one as good as your “portrait” shot.

I’m quite jealous! :oops:
Thank you! I got him on the ground too, which really surprised me, but it was dusk and that one needs some work.

Well, the one you posted looks pretty clean. If it was mine I think I’d crop it to portrait, which would also remove the slightly distracting out of focus branches on the right, and I’d probably sharpen it a little. Then I’d get it printed and frame it. (y)

Well, the one you posted looks pretty clean. If it was mine I think I’d crop it to portrait, which would also remove the slightly distracting out of focus branches on the right, and I’d probably sharpen it a little. Then I’d get it printed and frame it. (y)
Thanks!

The second one is indeed terrific. How about getting rid of the lower twig?

Back