DPR Forum

Welcome to the Friendly Aisles!
DPRF is a photography forum with people from all over the world freely sharing their knowledge and love of photography. Everybody is welcome, from beginners to the experienced professional. Whether it is Medium Format, fullframe, APS-C, MFT or smaller formats. Digital or film. DPRF is a forum for everybody and for every format.
Enjoy this modern, easy to use software. Look also at our Reviews & Gallery!

Canon users

G

Hello everybody, I'm from California. I'd like to know some Canon users from different places of the world. I'm just a beginner, studying to be a professional. I've done 2 weddings, and would like to get some ideas on doing weddings. For ex&le... how much should I charge or is it better to go with wedding packages. Well hope to meet a lot of people in here.

Hi, nice to meet you too.
Well, so far did only one wedding, but numerous other events. Although I'm from Israel, I guess the approach in regard of wedding business is quite common.
I would certainly suggest you to create package deals. This is the most effecient way to run this kind of business, without unnecesary headaches of trying to satisfy the requiremets of your clients that may differentiate so that you will not be able to handle that.

Alex

Hi Ruben! I'm in the UK and I worked as a wedding photographer for a number of years. First, as a Saturday photographer with a local studio and then for a while working for myself. I used to offer package deals but I worked with Mamiya c330s medium format. The thing is not to offer too many options, otherwise it becomes confusing, for both you and the clients. Offer, perhaps a standard, deluxe and a super deluxe package. This will help you to standardise your working and your prices. I'm not sure, but I may still have on disk, copies of the packages I used to offer, shots taken, pricing etc. Obviously, this may be too much to add here but if you wish for further info then please contact me privately and I will gladly se if I can find this info and email it to you. It may help.

HELLO,
I'M JULIUS. LIVE IN BEAUTIFUL CALIFORNIA. I LIKE TO KNOW MORE ABOUT CANON PHOTOGRAPHY. I RECENTLY BOUGHT EOS DIGITAL REBEL. AND I ALSO HAVE A EOS ELAN 7e WITH SIGMA 70-300 ZOOM LENSES. I AM NOT PROFESSIONAL YET. SO FAR I DID THREE WEDDINGS. I ALSO DO WILD LIFE PHOTOGRAPHY. I DO HAVE A CANON EOS DIGITAL PROFESSIONAL PHOTOGRAPHY BOOK (NOT CAME WITH CAMERA). IF ANY ONE NEED HELP JUST LET ME KNOW, I WILL SEND IT IN PDF FROMAT.
I LOVE THIS:
"I HAVE DISCOVERED PHOTOGRAPHY, NOW I CAN KILL MYSELF. I HAVE NOTHING ELSE TO LEARN."- pablo picaso.

Hello Julius,
I also have a Digital Rebel.

I would love to have a copy of the Canon EOS Digital Professional Photography Book if you can email it to me at cwscholbe@aol.com.

I live in Kansas City, Missouri USA and purchased my Digital Rebel in November of 2003.

I am not a wedding photographer even though I have shot 2 weddings, for my friends, and they seemed happy with the results (used EOS 10s camera).

Hello Julius,
I have not seen the "Canon EOS Digital Professional Photography Book" and would be delighted if you would attach a copy to an e-mail to cal.williams@bigfoot.com. I recently retired - for the second time! I am enjoying the extra time I have to spend on my photograph hobby and am wondering if I should try "developing" it into more than a hobby...

Back