DPR Forum

Welcome to the Friendly Aisles!
DPRF is a photography forum with people from all over the world freely sharing their knowledge and love of photography. Everybody is welcome, from beginners to the experienced professional. Whether it is Medium Format, fullframe, APS-C, MFT or smaller formats. Digital or film. DPRF is a forum for everybody and for every format.
Enjoy this modern, easy to use software. Look also at our Reviews & Gallery!

AE1 Program Los Angeles and Wyoming

35mminfinity

I have a AE-1 Program, with four SSC lens-24, 35, 50, 135..and one unknown brand 35-200 zoom
I have been taking pictures since last Nov., so I am still a newbie on this...

Anyone want to share their experience?? Or just go out to take some pictures?? Not necessarily for MF Canon, any canon SLR is good.

I can be reached by: dahkguy@hotmail.com

You mentioned Wyoming; it is a great place to find material but you have to get off the freeway to find the best. With one exception: Elk Mountain which is just a short trip off the marbletop. It generates its own weather system and you can often get a shot of a cloud that looks like a sombrero on top of the mt. Also Devil's Tower sometimes has the same effect. South Pass area has some old mining ops that are still there but you'll need your tele lens for some of the more interesting because they are on private property. There are always the Antelope, everywhere you go, and they are very interesting but extremely spooky. You are not going to get a closeup unless you spend some time and play like an indian. How to is another story. Sometimes on old roads the 'lopes will jump up and run alongside the roadway, usually on the other side of the right-of-way fence, and if you have your movie (I use VHS-C for a couple of reasons) camera with image stabilization turned on you can get some really good frames. I got one 'lope doing almost 40mph, mouth wide open like an air scoop on an F-16, getting all that air into lungs until i slowed down worried he'd have a heart attack, then he veered off and headed across country. Wild. Great country, but take your lunch, water, c&ing gear, don't pass up a gas station if you get to 1/2 tank, and make sure to allow at least a week. Then next year you'll probably want two weeks! Good luck.

Back