DPR Forum

Welcome to the Friendly Aisles!
DPRF is a photography forum with people from all over the world freely sharing their knowledge and love of photography. Everybody is welcome, from beginners to the experienced professional. Whether it is Medium Format, fullframe, APS-C, MFT or smaller formats. Digital or film. DPRF is a forum for everybody and for every format.
Enjoy this modern, easy to use software. Look also at our Reviews & Gallery!

Scanning question commercial use

G

Hello all,
Typically when I shoot for a commercial purpose, I shoot (or request) transparencies/slides, or get digital images provided.

Recently, I did a shoot for portrait work and since it was destined to hang on a wall as a print, I shot Fuji Portrait NPS 160.

The client now wants to also use this portrait in a commercial piece we are doing now.

Here is my question - how should I have this scan produced to provide the best quality? I really haven't had to work from print film and negs to get scans done in so long, I can't remember how to handle this. Produce a print, and get a drum scan? Or? ??

Sorry to be dense about this - but I'd appreciate some feedback.

Thanks,
Lynn

Lynn,

AFAIK best would be a drum scan of the neg, made by an appropriate service bureau.
For sure you should absolutely avoid scanning the print.

Till

Back