DPR Forum

Welcome to the Friendly Aisles!
DPRF is a photography forum with people from all over the world freely sharing their knowledge and love of photography. Everybody is welcome, from beginners to the experienced professional. Whether it is Medium Format, fullframe, APS-C, MFT or smaller formats. Digital or film. DPRF is a forum for everybody and for every format.
Enjoy this modern, easy to use software. Look also at our Reviews & Gallery!

Special edition Aria and 45 mm lens

I have one of these and Joe's write up is spot on, its a thing of beauty. And although my photography is not yet upto the camera, it will be with me for many years!

So much more of an experience than the stock version.

Hi all,

Wondering if anyone can confirm the metal body of the CONTAX Aria 70 Years.

I have read somewhere else that it is just the black plastic body painted silver... Also what kind of silver colour is it? Does it look cheap? I like the metal colours of the Nikon FM3a etc...

I can get a new 70 years version, but am only keen if it is a metal body...

Thanks,
Elton

Hi Elton,

The 70 years edition is not entirely of metal. The silver parts are, but a very light-weight metal. Comparing the weight to the FM3, the Aria is lighter by around 130g.

I've got a silver FM and comparing the silver on the two cameras, I personally prefer the Aria - it seems a little classier to me.

If you want a rugged workhorse I would go with the Nikon. The Aria is stronger than it looks and is gorgeous when you see it (no picture ever does it justice) - try and see it before you buy. But hold it at your peril - you will not want to put it down!!

Cheers, Saras

Elton, The Aria as Saras has already mentioned is beautiful when seen with the matching 45mm Tessar lens, this body was for 70 Years while the lens was for 100Years of the Tessar Lens. Don't know if you are in England but im told they got the last few available in Europe. If you want a new one I would notleave it to long from what I hear.
Bob

Back