DPR Forum

Welcome to the Friendly Aisles!
DPRF is a photography forum with people from all over the world freely sharing their knowledge and love of photography. Everybody is welcome, from beginners to the experienced professional. Whether it is Medium Format, fullframe, APS-C, MFT or smaller formats. Digital or film. DPRF is a forum for everybody and for every format.
Enjoy this modern, easy to use software. Look also at our Reviews & Gallery!

Is a new ND around the corner

Hey DJ

I think you should consider the 20D. From the previews and s&le pictures I've seen on DP Review, Luminous Landscape, Rob Galbraith's site, and elsewhere, this is a very fast camera and the noise control is as good as the 10D and much better at the higher ISOs.

I am on the waiting list in 2 different places.

DJ,

I too have been thinking about the 1Ds option. But I told myself it will be better for me to get a digital back. It is cheaper considering you don't have to by a few L lenses and Canon accessories. For me, I have to start from stretch. I can shoot films and digital with my four superb C645 lenses.

The 20D is not a bad option for the money. Good enough for most shooting and wedding I suppose. I just wonder how balance it is with those heavy L lenses since the body is 3.5 oz lighter than the 10d. I guess with the battery booster, it will be okay.

I'd opt for a 1DMKII before a D20. Same processor, bigger sensor, much more robust camera, weather proof, and the fastest digital out there bar none.

BTW, ran my test, and it's the 550EX flash that was malfunctioning. Dardest thing. It's firing out of sync. (late). The camera's fine (thank God).

Frankly, if I'm going to replace my ND and Zeiss glass, I'm going to be looking for pretty much the best 35mm-sized digital unit out there, full-sized sensor a requisite. That pretty much narrows it down
biggrin.gif

Well, I'm hoping for a new full-sized sensor ND 2 to be announced, but I'm setting my expectation level relatively low, to avoid pain ...

> D.J.

I hope so too. Pretty sad if after making this TREMENDOUS invenstment in the N-Mount system if Kycoera does'nt belly up to the bar with an expanding line of goodies (or at least with upgrades for the existing equipement to make it work better!).

The more I use the Contax flash equipement, the more displeased. It is so unpredictable. Basically, the TTL just does not work with my setup ... and I get better results using the A mode on the TLA-360. Wonder if that is a failure of the flash or of the N1 and ND?

Michael.

Michael,
The highly reflective sensor is the culprit!!!!! The "supplemental" correction info from contax doesn't help much.........I've had the best luck on automatic.

For digital cameras, Quantum flush manual also suggested to use A instead of TTL due to the reflective sensor.

Anyone has any comments on the Canon eTTL II?

If you have a C645 and have no Canon lenses, don't mind the bulk/weight, and quality is your only or main consideration, a digital back is the way to go.

If you prefer a more portable DSLR but want the best resolution and quality you can extract out of a 35mm, then the 1Ds or 1D Mk II is for you.

For me who is strictly a hobbyist/amateur not willing to spend too much money but still want respectable quality, the 20D is able to offer that and then some!

Back