DPR Forum

Welcome to the Friendly Aisles!
DPRF is a photography forum with people from all over the world freely sharing their knowledge and love of photography. Everybody is welcome, from beginners to the experienced professional. Whether it is Medium Format, fullframe, APS-C, MFT or smaller formats. Digital or film. DPRF is a forum for everybody and for every format.
Enjoy this modern, easy to use software. Look also at our Reviews & Gallery!

User comments btil June 2003

Joel,
I just purchased a G1 and a 90mm lens with boxes mint shape and the camera had the green sticker in the film chamber. I got all this for $445.00

If you are interested in selling the G1 with just the 45mm I'll give you 395.00
Let me know

I am using Contax UV filter, but the price is outrageous. Probably you can buy other brand like Hoya or Cokin.

I am desperately seeking suitable strap for my G1. In Indonesia most of the stores here sell only wide straps which probably more suitable for heavyweight SLRs. I tried to put one of that strap and people are saying 'a very nice strap with G1 as the accessory'.

Hi Trisnadi,

I'll tell you what I use with my G1. I got this idea from a Japanese guy's website that he calls 'Hack the Contax G.' Not really 'hacks' at all, but just some ideas he has for altering the way it functions, some easy, some rather unusual.

I bought a 'Hakuba Camera Grip' model KGP-02, and since the strap and padded part was a little too small, I switched it with a similar product made by Minolta. Very strong and secure. I notice in their catalogue there is one that looks a even more useful - the 'KGP-03 2Way' which can be used around the hand as a grip type, or carried over the shoulder. I like the grip type as it easily slips around my wrist when travelling, allowing the camera to be completely unobtrusive yet immediately at hand, no fumbling.

Here is the link for the KGP-02. For some reason, the KGP-03 doesn't appear on their homepage, although it is in their catalogue. You should be able to order their gear at any camera shop.

http://www.hakubaphoto.co.jp/catalog/accessory/goods01.html

Here is a link for the KGP-03 from a third-party website:

http://go.dc-accessories.com/int0-hakuba-kgp-03.html

If anyone has tried the KGP-03 2way, how do you like it? I've used the combo Hakuba-Minolta setup since I bought my G1 four years ago, and I would never go back to a regular 'round-the-neck' type of strap. This item is the cat's ass!

Mark Edwards

Hi Mark,

Thank you for your advise on Hakuba Camera Grip. I'll go to the website at home since the internet connection is very slow during day time.

Regards, Trisnadi

Hi folks !
I have the G2 + 21mm, 28mm, 35-70mm lenses.
I am now thinking of buying a secon body, just for the 21mm Biogon lense. G2 bodies in good condition still seem a bit expensive. Can I use the 21mm lense on the Contax G1, and what are the arguments against doing so?
Thank you all.

Sure you can use a 21mm on a G1. Why would there be an argument against this?

You can buy an EX+ G1 on Ebay for under $300, which has to be some kind of remarkable deal... Make sure you get a green label G1, as that can use all the lenses except the zoom.

-Dana

"Hi folks ! I have the G2 + 21mm, 28mm, 35-70mm lenses. I am now thinking of buying a secon body, just for the 21mm Biogon lense. G2 bodies in good condition still seem a bit expensive. Can I use the 21mm lense on the Contax G1, and what are the arguments against doing so? Thank you all."

> Be a little bit careful.

I have no personal experience with this, but I believe that I have read the following story on this site.

> My understanding is that the early G1s could not accept the 21mm. > There was a modification that came later to allow it. The modified > camera is indicated by a Green label in the film cassette area.

Can someone who is more knowledgeable please confirm?

Back