DPR Forum

Welcome to the Friendly Aisles!
DPRF is a photography forum with people from all over the world freely sharing their knowledge and love of photography. Everybody is welcome, from beginners to the experienced professional. Whether it is Medium Format, fullframe, APS-C, MFT or smaller formats. Digital or film. DPRF is a forum for everybody and for every format.
Enjoy this modern, easy to use software. Look also at our Reviews & Gallery!

Cormorants

RichDitch

One "secret" to bird photography is finding places where you can get close enough to birds for decent photos. Places with a lot of human traffic like urban parks can work well as birds there develop tolerance to people. These three shots of cormorants were taken on two separate visits to Kiwanis park in Tempe, AZ.

Double-crested Cormorant by Richard Ditch, on Flickr

Double-crested Cormorants - V3, CX 70-300

Neotropic Cormorant by Richard Ditch, on Flickr

Neotropic Cormorant - V3, FX 300/4E

Last edited:
One "secret" to bird photography is finding places where you can get close enough to birds for decent photos. Places with a lot of human traffic like urban parks can work well as birds there develop tolerance to people. These three shots of cormorants were taken on two separate visits to Kiwanis park in Tempe, AZ.

Neotropic Cormorant by Richard Ditch, on Flickr

Neotropic Cormorant - V3, FX 300/4E
Great shots Rich, I especially like the 2nd one where the closest bird seems to be saying "hey, what you lookin at?"

Rich, everyone who finds their way here can't help but stare into the eyes of your Medusa.
From Antiquity to Modernity, is this the revenge of Medusa? LOL
As I type this I am now reminded of ELO's song, Turn to Stone, from their Out of the Blue album.

Back