DPR Forum

Welcome to the Friendly Aisles!
DPRF is a photography forum with people from all over the world freely sharing their knowledge and love of photography. Everybody is welcome, from beginners to the experienced professional. Whether it is Medium Format, fullframe, APS-C, MFT or smaller formats. Digital or film. DPRF is a forum for everybody and for every format.
Enjoy this modern, easy to use software. Look also at our Reviews & Gallery!

DSLR* Camera compatible with Sigma AF-K 70-210mm f4.5-5.6 Zoom K??

TQModa

Hi!
I am looking to buy a DSLR Camera and need it to be compatible with my lens: Sigma AF-K 70-210mm f4.5-5.6 Zoom K

Suggestions?! Thanks!

Ok this is a loaded question...two things we need to know...

First is this a K-Mount lens....if not what mount is it...??

Second you should probably by the same brand of camera that works with that lens...Sigma made that lens for Minolta (now Sony), Nikon, Canon, Pentax, Oly, and Sigma SA mount....

If you don't know the mount please post a picture with the rear of the lens, that shows what type of contacts you have....

Thanks...we'll figure this out for you....Tony C.

pictures of the camera

dont have an idea what that means so I am posting pictures!
thank you for the help!

So does that mean I can use any of the brands you listed..? Or just Minolta and Sony?

thanks!

Attachments

• Photo 1.jpg
    EXIF
    Photo 1.jpg
    89.2 KB · Views: 15
  • Photo 2.jpg
    EXIF
    Photo 2.jpg
    95.7 KB · Views: 12
The contacts on that lens are for a Nikon camera...so you can use that lens on any Nikon film or digital camera...

Except: Due to the bodies not having focusing motors built in....

Nikon D60
Nikon D40
Nikon D40x
Nikon D3000
Nikon D3100
Nikon D5000
Nikon D5100

Your best bet for a cheap good Nikon DSLR would be a D70 or D100 you can usually pick those up for about 200USD to 400USD depending on what they come with and condition...

If you are looking for a better body....D90 or D300 would put you around 500USD to 1000USD....

Good Luck...and Happy shooting...

Back