DPR Forum

Welcome to the Friendly Aisles!
DPRF is a photography forum with people from all over the world freely sharing their knowledge and love of photography. Everybody is welcome, from beginners to the experienced professional. Whether it is Medium Format, fullframe, APS-C, MFT or smaller formats. Digital or film. DPRF is a forum for everybody and for every format.
Enjoy this modern, easy to use software. Look also at our Reviews & Gallery!

Kolob Canyon

toisondor

Attachments

• SDIM8715-s.jpg
    EXIF
    SDIM8715-s.jpg
    203.3 KB · Views: 15
  • SDIM8723-s.jpg
    EXIF
    SDIM8723-s.jpg
    219.3 KB · Views: 12
  • SDIM8743-s.jpg
    EXIF
    SDIM8743-s.jpg
    224.5 KB · Views: 11
  • SDIM8755-s.jpg
    EXIF
    SDIM8755-s.jpg
    281.6 KB · Views: 13
Hey Jesse...Nice shots...Love the second one with the landscape and sky...

Tony C.

I like them all.
I see 18mm focal length in the EXIF data, did you use the kit lens?.
Very good results, then...

Regards.
Jes.

These were all taken with the Sigma 18-50mm EX Macro. I've been very happy with this lens, and especially for taking in the vast panoramas that a canyon like this offers.

I've only recently realized that there are many other advantages to a wide lens in addition to squeezing more into a frame. I need to do more to explore the kinds of unique vantage points that this lens allows. I didn't really exploit that here, but maybe in some future shots, I'll experiment some more. Meanwhile, I'm open to suggestions.

Jesse

Nice shots, expecially the second one; I own a 18-50 2.8 too, and I am really very satisfied of it, just think it is one of the best lenses ever made. Also own a canon mount copy for a modified EOS 350D I use to shoot IR: well, I reached the best results in IR just with that lens without focusing problems and really crisp images

Back