DPR Forum

Welcome to the Friendly Aisles!
DPRF is a photography forum with people from all over the world freely sharing their knowledge and love of photography. Everybody is welcome, from beginners to the experienced professional. Whether it is Medium Format, fullframe, APS-C, MFT or smaller formats. Digital or film. DPRF is a forum for everybody and for every format.
Enjoy this modern, easy to use software. Look also at our Reviews & Gallery!

21mm ASPH vs M Elmarit

justforever

I made the decision to buy the 21mm ASPH to get "the best". I didn't see much appreciable difference to the 21mm M, which I'm selling on ebay (item # 3835625792). Looks like "best" is not always the best way to go...
uhoh.gif

Vinicio,

I don't understand... if the best is not always the best way to go, then, why don't you sell the aspheric instead of the older 21mm M?

Good advertising though!

Cheers

H.D.C.
I'm not saying that the Pre-ASPH is better, I am saying that the difference between the Pre-ASPH and the ASPH does not really justify the expense. Once having bought both, I decided to stay with the ASPH. Looking back on it now, I should have tested and compared before buying. I must commend you on your uncanny ability to form opinions...have you ever used either lens? Have you ever compared them? If so what is your opinion about that?
The most usefull thing about posting (IMHO), is not advertising, but generating threads that can be helpful to someone thinking of buying the same piece...the lens is sold.
I would recommend a friend to buy the Pre-ASPH instead of the ASPH, unless he was an architect and demanded the highest critical edge sharpness shooting wide open. From F4 to 5.6 the lenses are virtually indistinguishable.
Cheerios
biggrin.gif

Vinicio,

" I must commend you on your uncanny ability to form opinions..."

Actually, no opinion was formulated or given based on my posting. I simply restated your position on the lenses.

I was curious as to why you decided to sell the 21 M instead of the ASPH... my curiosity was more along the lines of the basis for your decision. Was it because the bokeh wasn't as good on the newer version as compared to the older one?

You're quite right when you say that, "the most useful thing about posting is to generate threads that can be helpful..."
--- I just thought it interesting to include the ebay auction number here!

But, I do concur with your recommendation of the Pre-ASPH over the ASPH versions.

lol.gif
Cheers

From f4 to 5,6 the lenses are not really the same there is a difference in colour rendition. Moreoever the asph as a magic rendition at full aperture, because it has been designed ofr working in closed spaces.
Joe

Back