DPR Forum

Welcome to the Friendly Aisles!
DPRF is a photography forum with people from all over the world freely sharing their knowledge and love of photography. Everybody is welcome, from beginners to the experienced professional. Whether it is Medium Format, fullframe, APS-C, MFT or smaller formats. Digital or film. DPRF is a forum for everybody and for every format.
Enjoy this modern, easy to use software. Look also at our Reviews & Gallery!

Konica lenses

G

Hi,
I would like to know what Konica lenses fit to the M6, only the M-Hexanon or also AR lenses? I am looking for 35 or 50mm.
thanks
tom

Konica lenses - this is a hotly debated theme at present. See the review made by Leica expert Erwin Puts at www.imx.nl. I believe the general consensus now is that the M-Hexanon lenses do not fit Leica M due to a different back focus. The AR lenses have an altogether different mount. If you need to save money and buy non Leica lenses, Voigtlaender may be the best alternative.

To answer your question (rather belatedly), only the Hexanon-M lenses can be used with Leica M cameras. As far as I know, the back focus problem applied to variability in the Konica Hexar R camera, not to the Hexanon-M lenses. My Hexanon 50mm f/2 lens focuses accurately enough on my three M cameras (one M2 and two M6TTLs) and is a stellar performer.

> WRONG, I had my Hexar RF adjusted in NJ (USA) for my Leica lenses. The tech said I could NEVER EVER use Konica glass.

Gerry

Did the tech say why you shouldn't use Konica glass? Was it because of the back focus or some other problem?

> My Hexar RF was adjusted to the middle of the Leica Lens mount specification. I also gave my word that if I sold the camera, I would tell the person buying it, "The camera can only use Leica or equivalent (Cosina) lenses on it, and not Konica glass". Gerry

I think about buy Konica Hexar-M 90 mm lens for my old Leica M2 body... It's possible to work?
Thanx for answers!

I remember reading that the Konica lenses worked on Ms, but Leica glass (or CV) did not work on Konica bodies.

I would look to CV lenses as a less expensive alternative (www.cameraquest.com), there are some lists that have tons of info, look there.

Some folks say some old Russian lenses are not bad, but the CV lenses seem to rate just below the current Asph leica batches and they have a wider range.

I am going CV to augment my Leica glass, I know it works, no adjustments. Way too many different opinions on the Konica stuff. Too bad.

B2 (;->

My Konica Hexanon-M 50/2 lens was an unintentional purchase when I bought an M2 from a guy who wanted to sell the two items together. However, I've tried it quite a few times with the M2 and an M6TTL .72 and it seems to give me no focusing problems. However, there is such a thing as tolerance variation and so it's possible that a different s&le of the same Konica lens could be a problem even though this one is not. I guess the only safe way is to try it before buying it.

Just to add a bit more into the discussion and the way I use the M_Hexanon and Leica M Lenses lenses I own:

M3 M6TTL(0.72) KH RF
28 MM M-H X X
35 MM M-H X X
50 MM M-H X X
50 MM L X X
75 MM CV X X
90 MM M-H X X X
90 MM L X X

As you can see the M6 is a very ecletic beast since it can be fed with any of the lens I own. They all work fine, probably not to the point of scientific precision but pleasing me all the time. Maybe I am not that fussy !

Regards to all.

Back