DPR Forum

Welcome to the Friendly Aisles!
DPRF is a photography forum with people from all over the world freely sharing their knowledge and love of photography. Everybody is welcome, from beginners to the experienced professional. Whether it is Medium Format, fullframe, APS-C, MFT or smaller formats. Digital or film. DPRF is a forum for everybody and for every format.
Enjoy this modern, easy to use software. Look also at our Reviews & Gallery!

Contax Nx with Zeiss 50/1.4 Help me

fotoestet

I have Contax NX camera with Planar 50/1.4f lens. I'm trying to use depth-of field review button but I don't see any effect of pressing it in my viewfinder. Is that a problem with my camera or I'm doing something wrong? Are there any settings that should be set up to be able to use that feature? Thank you.

Hi,

Just to eliminate the most basic possible problem, what aperture value are you setting? Unless you stop the lens down to around f/5.8 or f/8, then you might not notice much effect. If you choose a narrow aperture and press the DoF preview button, you should see the diaphragm operate when you look into the front of the lens. If you don't maybe your camera has a faulty button?

>Also there is a Custom Function that controls the button to toggle or to opporate only when held. Check your manual or if you don't have one I'll dig up mine and check.

Dear Mr. Nunan. Thank You for your information. I did everything what you said, but I don't know what is the problem. May be it is the problem of button functioning. I use object Planar, may be it is o'key that this button shouldnt work with such a model of camera.

Dear Mr.Bonds.I have got the manual,I have read it.I changed between the modes according to the instruction, but the apperture was not changed, but there was not achieved the effect of deapth-on field button. May You will give the instruction as to my future actions. Thank you in advance.

> Polivanoff

Sounds like you may have a defective body or lens. I would not accept this. I would send it in to be repaired.

Kevin

Back