DPR Forum

Welcome to the Friendly Aisles!
DPRF is a photography forum with people from all over the world freely sharing their knowledge and love of photography. Everybody is welcome, from beginners to the experienced professional. Whether it is Medium Format, fullframe, APS-C, MFT or smaller formats. Digital or film. DPRF is a forum for everybody and for every format.
Enjoy this modern, easy to use software. Look also at our Reviews & Gallery!

Conversion of G lenses to M mount

wang

I sold my G system a few months ago to go for the M system. Now I have a good set of Leica M lenses and Zeiss M lenses. Today I look at the images from Zeiss M50 2 and Summicron 50 2, I really miss the images from my G45mm f2.

The images from my Leica has a classic Leica look, it has the best dimensional feel. The images from Zeiss M 50 2 has the best colour and bokeh. The images from G45 2 is the sharpest.

I remember seeing in this forum once concerning this conversion, but I can't find it again. Can anybody help me where I can do the conversion ?

I have an extra 16mm Zeiss Hologon (Contax G) and would like to convert it to Leica M.
Thanks,
Jack Swickard

I spoke with Ken Ruth, Photography on Bald Mountain, Davenport, California, re converting the Contax Hologon to Leica M and he has done several of them. About a US $600 job.
Sooo--I am sending off one of the Hologons.
Jack Swickard

Thank you, Jack.

I am on the way for arranging this to convert the G45 2 by Mr. Miyazaki. From his web site he claimed he is able to convert it to manual focus with rangefinder coupling.

As an ex-user of the G system, I find G45 provides more resolution than both Leica Summicron 50 f2 and Zeiss M mount 50 f2 and I have both, this is the reason why I pay for the shipping, conversion and a translator. Mr Miyasaki only communicates with Japanese.

For G16, as it does not require rangefinder coupling, many places in the world provides services for conversion. I know someone in Hong Kong who will do the job for about USD200.

Joseph,
As I have now acquired an extra G45 2 I am curious as to what you have found out Mr. Miyasaki? I would like to have this conversion done as well.
Thank you,
Jack Swickard

Well, he sticks very much to his principles, it might be a good thing.

He only speaks Japanese. In order to send him my lens for conversion, I have to send someone to Japan to work for this. He only accepts parcels local from Japan and not anywhere else. He only accepts money transfer from Japan and not anywhere else. I believe I am his only non-Japanese customer.

With this kind of character, I expect my lens to be done well. I will get it in one week.

Here comes my new toy.

412635.jpg

Back