DPR Forum

Welcome to the Friendly Aisles!
DPRF is a photography forum with people from all over the world freely sharing their knowledge and love of photography. Everybody is welcome, from beginners to the experienced professional. Whether it is Medium Format, fullframe, APS-C, MFT or smaller formats. Digital or film. DPRF is a forum for everybody and for every format.
Enjoy this modern, easy to use software. Look also at our Reviews & Gallery!

Conversion of G lenses to M mount

Congratulations Joseph. It has been transformed. Even the apertures have been turned around the other way. It looks beautiful. It looks as though it has been made collapsible but presumably it isn't?
And what a benefit to have a depth of field scale, sorely missed on the original.
I just wondered what the figures above the dof scale are.
John

Joseph,
That is stunning!! The G45 is the exact lens I wanted to have converted by Mr. Miyazaki. I am in the US--any thoughts of how I can get this done?
Jack Swickard

John, the dof scale is in meters. It looks like a collapsible but it isn't. Surely, it should win a certificate of authenticity.

When I looked into his site, these converted lenses are in chrome. I had my mind in chrome when I made the order, but it gave a surprise when it comes as black.

Jack, if you want to get it done, I could ask my friend to get it done for you, she will need a payment for the job.

Now, I could use my G45 in a quiet way. It can focus more accurately at f2 when compared to its G2 counterpart. I find this lens being sharper than Summicron and Zeiss Ikon.

412638.jpg

Joseph,
Thanks. I should have sussed the dof scale being in meters.
It looks lovely in black - to my mind much better than in chrome- and lovely on your Leica.
It looks as though he has taken the glass and fitted it into an entirely new housing but kept the outer ring with the CZ details.
I imagine that it was still cheaper than buying an equivalent new Leitz lens.
John

Joseph, I would like to have this job done on my G45. Please send me the details at <jnswickard@aol.com> and I will be happy to do whatever is necessary. Please give me some idea of final cost.
Thanks,
Jack

I paid for the cost of a new G45 2, the cost of conversion, the cost of mailing making phone calls and the fee for my friend in doing the job. The net price is the same as the cost of a new Leica Summicron M50 2.

Jack, I have a chance to talk to my friend today and see if she could do this again for you.

Hi Jack,

Sorry for the late reply. I have the chance to talk to my Japanese friend today.

Last time she was able to do it for me because she went to Japan and sort it out in Japan for me. However, she is not planning to go to Japan in the near future so it would be difficult for her to sort this out for you.

As I have mentioned in my posting no.210, Mr Miyasaki only accepts parcels from Japan and Money order from Japan. It would be difficult to do this if you don't have someone in Japan to do this for you.

I rececived an email asking me the conversion of 21 Biogon, 45 Planar, 35-70 to M mount.

The answer is the conversion is possible for the primes, but I have not seen it being done for the zoom.

http://www.hayatacamera.co.jp/services/miyazaki.html

They could be converted by this man Mr Miyasaki in Japan. The result is good. I had the chance to use my G45 on my M3. The focusing is more accurate at f2 and I was able to use it in M which is more quiet.

The conversion costs a lot, more expensive than buying a new Leica M50 2 and you have to find yourself a translator.

Back