DPR Forum

Welcome to the Friendly Aisles!
DPRF is a photography forum with people from all over the world freely sharing their knowledge and love of photography. Everybody is welcome, from beginners to the experienced professional. Whether it is Medium Format, fullframe, APS-C, MFT or smaller formats. Digital or film. DPRF is a forum for everybody and for every format.
Enjoy this modern, easy to use software. Look also at our Reviews & Gallery!

Last of the spring green?

lphilpot

It seems like it's barely started but spring appears to being already heading toward sprung where I live. At least here (central Louisiana) it's forecast to be almost 90F for the next week or so. Maybe it'll cool down again, but I wouldn't be surprised... it is May, after all. Here's to the last of the spring greenery, before it dulls down slightly to become summer foliage. One lone green tree under the high cirrus skies ahead of coming overcast and rain.

IMG_6742-social.jpg

It seems like it's barely started but spring appears to being already heading toward sprung where I live. At least here (central Louisiana) it's forecast to be almost 90F for the next week or so. Maybe it'll cool down again, but I wouldn't be surprised... it is May, after all. Here's to the last of the spring greenery, before it dulls down slightly to become summer foliage. One lone green tree under the high cirrus skies ahead of coming overcast and rain.

View attachment 3015
Simple, elegant, serene! Thank you for sharing!

Nice spot to take a photo. 55F and raining here today, (SF Bay Area), which may keep us from going to burnt brown (I mean Golden) California for a week or so. :)

Simple, elegant, serene! Thank you for sharing!
Thanks. In reality, I initially left the house because I just wanted to get out and beside, I need the activity. Walking around with my 19 lb / 8.5 kg camera backpack isn't close to what some photogs carry, but every little bit of exercise helps for this un-fit flatlander. :)

Thanks. In reality, I initially left the house because I just wanted to get out and beside, I need the activity. Walking around with my 19 lb / 8.5 kg camera backpack isn't close to what some photogs carry, but every little bit of exercise helps for this un-fit flatlander. :)
That's some decent weight you're carrying around. Do that more often and you'll be a man of iron. :good-job:

I was watching YT photographer Adam Karnacz (First Man Photography) and he was chugging up a Lake District peak with a 20 kg (44 lb) backpack. And he apparently has back issues. No wonder, LOL. :cool: But that also included overnight camping gear, so...

He was probably wearing a belt to create a stronger base and more stability, as most carrying that kind of load should. Regardless, he's probably one tough guy. :cool:

Back