DPR Forum

Welcome to the Friendly Aisles!
DPRF is a photography forum with people from all over the world freely sharing their knowledge and love of photography. Everybody is welcome, from beginners to the experienced professional. Whether it is Medium Format, fullframe, APS-C, MFT or smaller formats. Digital or film. DPRF is a forum for everybody and for every format.
Enjoy this modern, easy to use software. Look also at our Reviews & Gallery!

Mirror up mode=no image

Taz

The mirror up mode on my SD14 goes through the proper sequence of delay and then shutter activation but does not record an image on the card. Is this a common problem? Am I doing something wrong? I bought the camera used on Ebay.
I have been using the camera for a few weeks now. I think my retinas are spoiled because images from my Olympus Pen now look defective.

What do you mean with "proper sequence of delay and then shutter activation"? (Sorry I'm not english people.)

For my SD14, it needs to full shutter button press to lock mirror up and subsequential half-press to take image. IIRC waiting 30 seconds releases mirror without taking image.

Thanks, my camera is working properly then. I thought you could use this mode to prevent camera shake when using long lenses.

If a remote release is used it would be useful.

Having to touch the camera with a 1000mm mirror lens on the camera produces way to much shake.

Taz....you need to pick-up a wireless or wired shutter release...put that on your camera when you are ready to take a picture....I use that with my long lenses....helps a lot....the second thing you need is a good tripod...I use a Manfrotto 475 and a Wimberly gimbal...to keep the camera and lens shakes down...

View attachment 2002

Good Luck...Tony C. :z04_cowboy:

Attachments

• 3422549539_8fb1e9ce67.jpg
    EXIF
    3422549539_8fb1e9ce67.jpg
    114.5 KB · Views: 6
Back