DPR Forum

Welcome to the Friendly Aisles!
DPRF is a photography forum with people from all over the world freely sharing their knowledge and love of photography. Everybody is welcome, from beginners to the experienced professional. Whether it is Medium Format, fullframe, APS-C, MFT or smaller formats. Digital or film. DPRF is a forum for everybody and for every format.
Enjoy this modern, easy to use software. Look also at our Reviews & Gallery!

A rumour but then I have been right twice before

Just an odd side note. If you look at the main page of http://www.contaxndigital.com/ it says (quote) Announcement: New dedicated Contax Gallery opening from Wednesday 29th of October 2003, at Richard Caplan, 25 Bury Street, London SW1Y 6AL - take a look at the room (end quote) If you click on the link it shows you a page with a photo of Richard Caplan's gallery. Very nice - until - you click on the link then for the real Richard Caplan store and read on their home page how proud they are of being a Leica reseller and Leica certified - but there is NO mention of Contax on their home page. Strange and interesting. -Lynn

I noticed that Lynn. I'm only 200 miles away, but I don't think I will pay them a visit if they can't be bothered to mention Contax on their website. They didn't get the dealership overnight so they had plenty of time to amend the site.
Paul

Hi Lynn & Paul,

In defence of Richard Caplan - who I've dealt with in the last two weeks - they are very helpful on Contax matters. I was quite surprised to see their website working because it wasn't a week or so ago. They have also recently had a Contax open day (which I unfortunatly could not go to) - and I think they are trying hard to promote Contax. Besides them there are very few dealers in London who stock much of the Contax range - in fact I'm struggling to think besides them and Robert White who else I would approach!!

Cheers, Saras

Please don't misunderstand my post. I didn't mean it as condemnation of their store in the least. But maybe it would be good if someone could point out this error so they can fix it. -Lynn

Thanks Dirk, maybe there is something wrong with the way I view the web page. I don't see the contax products when I click on the door. I'll keep trying. -Lynn

Hi Lynn,

if you see the small video screen, there is a small drop-down menu. Click on "downstairs".

What you then see is the new showroom from Contax in London - not part of the shop as far as I know.

Thanks Dirk. Now I see they do show the Contax gallery on their own web site. Maybe they will add some text about Contax to their web site to go with the image if some of the list members from London suggest it
happy.gif
-Lynn

Just reading through the recent posts here and I'm confused: what is the signficance of the new Contax site with coverage of the ND? The ND is not back on the market, is it?

Contax Digital ND

The new Kyocera Contax (Americas) site does not show the ND, not even a manual for it.

Regards:

Gilbert

Back