DPR Forum

Welcome to the Friendly Aisles!
DPRF is a photography forum with people from all over the world freely sharing their knowledge and love of photography. Everybody is welcome, from beginners to the experienced professional. Whether it is Medium Format, fullframe, APS-C, MFT or smaller formats. Digital or film. DPRF is a forum for everybody and for every format.
Enjoy this modern, easy to use software. Look also at our Reviews & Gallery!

Close up and macro lenses

J

Jogos

I have purchased a 4 piece close up and macro lens kit which has a diameter of 62mm. What type of adaptor do I need to fit these lenses to my E500?

>

What is the diameter of your lens? You probably need a step-up adapter, to step-up from 57mm (?) to 62mm filter threads. These are cheap and easy to find; they are for adapting filters to lenses with different front thread diameters.

I'd be curious how the images come out, and if you use AF or MF - I've not thought of using diopters with my EVOLT...

On a slightly tangential note, has anyone tried or heard word on the Olympus 35mm macro for the E-system? I saw one while browsing 4/3 lenses somewhere, I thought it was an interesting alternative to the 50mm macro.

Cheers! - marc

> The front of your E-500 lenses are marked as to what diameter filters they take. The 14-45 and 40-150 both take 58mm accessories. You'll have to find an "acme" 58-62mm step up ring. John, http://www.zuiko.com

Back