DPR Forum

Welcome to the Friendly Aisles!
DPRF is a photography forum with people from all over the world freely sharing their knowledge and love of photography. Everybody is welcome, from beginners to the experienced professional. Whether it is Medium Format, fullframe, APS-C, MFT or smaller formats. Digital or film. DPRF is a forum for everybody and for every format.
Enjoy this modern, easy to use software. Look also at our Reviews & Gallery!

hello everybody

tata

hi everybody,
just joined this forum last night.
at this moment i am confused which DP camera I will eventually choose.

i'm reading some threads here, hopefully i will find some information.

nevertheless, some tips are warmly welcomed.

have a nice day
tata

Quickly...

DP1 or DP2 will be your cheapest choices....Price 195 to 300 USD

DP1s or DP2s will be your middle of the road with faster processors and faster read/write times... 295 to 400 USD

DP1x or DP2x will be a very good camera...but should cost you about 500+ USD

If you don't mind waiting and don't mind spending about 1000USD on a camera wait for the DP1 or DP2 Merrill...since it has the newer sensor...

Now DP1 series...is a good landscape wide view shot camera... with an f4 equivalent lens...at 28mm focal distance...

DP2 series is a great all around walking camera... with an f2.8 equivalent lens at 41mm focal distance...

Both camera's have a cult following and even in some of my threads you can see some of the different things you can do with it using alt-lens attachments...

Hope this helps a little bit...Good Luck and Happy shooting....Tony C. :z04_cowboy:

thanks for your quick summary tony. that helps me a lot.

I saw Sigma announced DP1/DP2 Merrill, what a beauty. But I don't think i'll acquire that one, looks like it's gonna be too costly.
DP2 will be much more reasonable for me.

have a nice weekend.
tata

Keep an eye on eBay usually one comes up for the older DP2 that is around 200 to 300....great walking camera...

Welcome onboard.
I own a DP1s and I'm really happy with it. Outsanding quality in a compact size.
I do prefer the wider angle of the lens in the DP1s over the DP2 but both are great cameras.
I also look forward to the Merrils, sometime in the futur I'll get one ;) (when they become much cheaper).

Regards.
Jes.

Back