DPR Forum

Welcome to the Friendly Aisles!
DPRF is a photography forum with people from all over the world freely sharing their knowledge and love of photography. Everybody is welcome, from beginners to the experienced professional. Whether it is Medium Format, fullframe, APS-C, MFT or smaller formats. Digital or film. DPRF is a forum for everybody and for every format.
Enjoy this modern, easy to use software. Look also at our Reviews & Gallery!

159 Batttery orientation

P

photostudent

Just bought a 159 at my local thrift store. Batteries are dead and I can't see any indication on body or cap for polarity. My 137 MD is having shutter problems so I thought I could use my lenses with this body. Anyone out there know how batteries go?
thanks

> Almost all cameras has the batteries with the neg contacts down towards the body and the Pos up and visible when closing the cap. >

>Spring in 159 body made orientation confusing. Also I have a Minolta XG that has negative side toward cap.

battery-holder shows orientation. plus(+) against body. information from manual-page 14 left side- sr-44(or equivalent) 1.55v- or 1.5v alkali-manganese lr-44 or equivalent

or in other words....
when you unscrew the cap and put the two new batteries in the holder on the cap, you should see the positive sign as you look at the cap and batteries.

Excuse me , i have a contax 159 MM but I'lost the manual . Could somebody say me where i can download it?

Back