DPR Forum

Welcome to the Friendly Aisles!
DPRF is a photography forum with people from all over the world freely sharing their knowledge and love of photography. Everybody is welcome, from beginners to the experienced professional. Whether it is Medium Format, fullframe, APS-C, MFT or smaller formats. Digital or film. DPRF is a forum for everybody and for every format.
Enjoy this modern, easy to use software. Look also at our Reviews & Gallery!

Just wondering Win, 8, 8.1, 10 & 11 Classic desktop ...

JemRaid

... how many of you turn Windows back to the Classic (Win98etc) desktop. I was a bit concerned about Win11 but Classic Shell with Explorer Patcher work fine for me. Win 11 is now the fastest OS I've ever used and despite the fears that always appear it'll run all the old software that I use.

Cheers - J

I have on my laptop Win 11, on my Desktop Win 10. I hesitated a lot at the beginning to upgrade to Win 11 on the laptop, but so far, everything is fine. But I will wait another year to upgrade it on my Desktop nevertheless. I like to be on the cautious side of things, if I have to work with that computer.

Hello there,
I intended to put this up and forgot, apologies.
Desktop.jpg

My Windows 11 desktop

J

... how many of you turn Windows back to the Classic (Win98etc) desktop. I was a bit concerned about Win11 but Classic Shell with Explorer Patcher work fine for me. Win 11 is now the fastest OS I've ever used and despite the fears that always appear it'll run all the old software that I use.

Cheers - J
I've had no problem with Windows 11 once I got used to having the taskbar at the bottom instead of the left side, which I'd used for years. 11 somehow seems less cluttered, and all my software still works on 11. Also, the 13th gen CPU on my newest build is supposed to work better with Intel's Thread Director 2 that's now in 11.

Back