DPR Forum

Welcome to the Friendly Aisles!
DPRF is a photography forum with people from all over the world freely sharing their knowledge and love of photography. Everybody is welcome, from beginners to the experienced professional. Whether it is Medium Format, fullframe, APS-C, MFT or smaller formats. Digital or film. DPRF is a forum for everybody and for every format.
Enjoy this modern, easy to use software. Look also at our Reviews & Gallery!

Zeiss Vario Sonnar 35-70/3.5-5.6

Hi Matthias,Kevin,

Very detailed, I have learn a lot, thank you very much.

Michael

Gentlemen, May I ask one stupid question about the shutter & aperture using different speed films.
For exp&le, correct aperture/shutter speed as f.16 at 1/125 on a sunny day with ISO 100 film.
If use ISO 200 film, can I keep same aperture/shutter speed with change the camera's film speed to ISO 200 only.

thanks

Micahel,
The short answer is no. You are citing a Rule of Thumb for exposure known as Sunny 16. It allows you to estimate exposures when you don't have a meter available. In the ex&le you cite with iso 200 film you would need a shorter exposure time to compensate for the faster film. Using Sunny 16 you'd shoot at 1/200 @ f16 or 1/250 if 1/200 is not available. Changing your camera's iso setting has no effect on exposure if you are not using your meter. The iso setting adjusts your meter so it can give you correct exposure for that speed film.

Paul,
The answer I need is the ISO setting adjusts the camera's meter only not affect the exposure of film speed.

thank you

Just wondering if there are any more comments about the zoom out there....Pete.

The Vario sonnar is an outstanding lens. If you are in doubt about buying it, don't be. It is extremely versatile and optically brilliant at every focal length. It realises the true potential of the G2's compactness and level of control.

Good morning,

Yesterday I was able to pick up my 35-70 after being repaired by Contax. There is still some play in the rear element, but much less than previously.

This week I'll be taking transparancies under various conditions with this lens set at 35 and 45 mm and comparing to the 35 and 45. I don't yet have a scanner, so I won't be able to post, but I'll provide my 25X microsope observations. If not satisfied, my dealer has agreed that they'll take it back. (I can't ask for more.) Thanks for everyone's comments,

David

I am also looking to get the 35-70 Vario-Sonnar T I like to enlarge up to 16x20.How well will this fine little zoom handle 16x20 ?.....Frangee

Hi there, stupid question - I bought a used Vario-Sonnar 35-70 recently and was surprise to see that the front barrel with the filter thread rotates - is that normal?

Back