DPR Forum

Welcome to the Friendly Aisles!
DPRF is a photography forum with people from all over the world freely sharing their knowledge and love of photography. Everybody is welcome, from beginners to the experienced professional. Whether it is Medium Format, fullframe, APS-C, MFT or smaller formats. Digital or film. DPRF is a forum for everybody and for every format.
Enjoy this modern, easy to use software. Look also at our Reviews & Gallery!

Smallest bag for Contax g2 with 2 lenses

I take back what I said about the price not being bad. It isn't bad in the UK at =A370 (no Vat) but checking the US importers site for the very same bad he wants $239. I know our exchange rate is bad against the pound, but not THAT bad. Yikes. -Lynn ... US distributors site: http://www.rtsphoto.com/html/bill7.html

> Lynn I use the smallest bag in the Hadley range and it works well, > although it's a bit of a tight squeeze. I can carry 1 body with lens > attached (not 90), one body without lens, Zeiss case containing 21mm > plus finder and one extra lens. In pockets I can have filters, > lightmeter, mobile phone etc. For travelling, I might suggest going > for the standard Hadley which will be just a tad roomier. I think > there's also a special edition with extra features. Excellent range, > can't praise them enough. Malc

One of the nicest bags that I have found for the G2 system is a shooters bag sold by mclassics.com. The bag is an updated version of a Leica style bag and is made for a small rangefinder system. The bag holds a G2 with a lens in a forward compartment and 2-3 lenses and flash in an adjustable rear compartment. There are three front pockets which can hold plenty of film, a second body, and a light meter respectively. The adjustable shoulder strap attaches to the rear of the bag rather than to the sides of the bag which permits the bag to "hang close" to your body. The bag's flap closes with either velcro for rapid entry or with side snaps and a center buckle for safety during transport. The material resists water, and the bag does not look like a camera bag. The only negative is that the bag is not padded, but it is not difficult to add a layer of foam rubber to the bottom for some extra protection. The bag was specifically designed for rapid shooting and works well in the field. It is used by many professionals. The web site is www.mclassics.com. The owner's name is Seth and is very reliable. The cost is reasonable for the quality.

I found the leather G-1 bag from Contax to be the handiest and most compact. Custom fit for a camera with lens attached, flash and two additional lenses.

The G-2 version is a bit larger.

Back