DPR Forum

Welcome to the Friendly Aisles!
DPRF is a photography forum with people from all over the world freely sharing their knowledge and love of photography. Everybody is welcome, from beginners to the experienced professional. Whether it is Medium Format, fullframe, APS-C, MFT or smaller formats. Digital or film. DPRF is a forum for everybody and for every format.
Enjoy this modern, easy to use software. Look also at our Reviews & Gallery!

Wow 4mb file size

Status
Not open for further replies.

nzmacro

That's pretty amazing for a forum. I'm impressed. I've tried to post up a post I had on DPR of using manual focus tele lenses and gave up, because the original size you had was just far too much hard work to resize everything and they aren't large files to start with. So this is a bonus.

This changes things quite a bit and BTW, even my large shots are under 2mb, so 4mb is huge IMO. Very nice to have for a period of time.

All the best and yes, impressive thanks.

Danny.

Thank you. Hopefully, we can stick to that size. We will see.

But maybe over the time people get more familiar with resizing images with good quality and then we do not need that anymore at the long run. Since most of the user are visiting the forum with smartphones, 2MB or 4MB might be a little bit overkill :z04-pirat:

What about auto resizing and scaling Dirk. As long as the backroom graphics software is set to decent IQ it could be a good option and saves storage space. Mind you, you will always get those that will complain about it anyway no matter what ;)

That's pretty amazing for a forum. I'm impressed. I've tried to post up a post I had on DPR of using manual focus tele lenses and gave up, because the original size you had was just far too much hard work to resize everything and they aren't large files to start with. So this is a bonus.

This changes things quite a bit and BTW, even my large shots are under 2mb, so 4mb is huge IMO. Very nice to have for a period of time.

Danny.
My problem is 95% of my photos are greater than 4 MB so I will have to downsize almost every photo I post here.

My problem is 95% of my photos are greater than 4 MB so I will have to downsize almost every photo I post here.

We all have to make compromises in life. I think that is an easy one ;)

I resize all of my images for web display to 1024 on the long side. Even so, some of the images exceed 1mb, albeit not by much. 4mb is a nice size for the rare occasions you need to show detail without cropping a section.

Guess I'll try this image thing. Picked up a Canon EF400 f5.6L (a 32 year old design) and used with adapter on L-Mount. Stuck with a backyard rabbit until spring arrives. A fairly heavy crop but looks ok to me. This is 1.8 MB. The lens is very sharp when you have the light.

P1013155-1-200 sec at f - 8.0 400 mm.JPG
  • Panasonic - DC-S5M2
  • 400.0 mm
  • ƒ/8
  • 1/200 sec
  • Pattern
  • Auto exposure
  • ISO 4000

Guess I'll try this image thing. Picked up a Canon EF400 f5.6L (a 32 year old design) and used with adapter on L-Mount. Stuck with a backyard rabbit until spring arrives. A fairly heavy crop but looks ok to me. This is 1.8 MB. The lens is very sharp when you have the light.

View attachment 518

Nothing wrong with old Canon tele lenses and that is a good one BTW. I use the Canon FD 300 F/2.8L, FD 500 F/4.5L and the FD 800 F/5.6L on Olympus and Sony bodies. All around 40 years old and pre AF. All are still excellent optically wise and compare well with the newer models today.

It's not really about what the lens is, as so much about how you use it. Congrats. Nice lens and nice shot.

Danny.

Nothing wrong with old Canon tele lenses and that is a good one BTW. I use the Canon FD 300 F/2.8L, FD 500 F/4.5L and the FD 800 F/5.6L on Olympus and Sony bodies. All around 40 years old and pre AF. All are still excellent optically wise and compare well with the newer models today.

It's not really about what the lens is, as so much about how you use it. Congrats. Nice lens and nice shot.

Danny.
Hi Danny, I was happy to see you here. Yeah, I am impressed with the Canon. I've been using it on the S5II. Not lightning quick focus but fast enough, it does struggle in low light to a point where it just won't lock on but given the light its awesome. When it nails focus its just as sharp as my PL200 f2.8 on a G9 and that ain't peanuts. :)

Randy (Ranlee on DPR)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back