DPR Forum

Welcome to the Friendly Aisles!
DPRF is a photography forum with people from all over the world freely sharing their knowledge and love of photography. Everybody is welcome, from beginners to the experienced professional. Whether it is Medium Format, fullframe, APS-C, MFT or smaller formats. Digital or film. DPRF is a forum for everybody and for every format.
Enjoy this modern, easy to use software. Look also at our Reviews & Gallery!

Starting out ...

... here, hoping this will once be a wonderful place to be. I am a user of several formats, but mainly m43. Already no longer that young, always a novice. I love photography, but I guess we all do.
I am with you! I am currently a Nikon D500 user but have been following the m43 and have appreciated the helpful and thoughtful responses posted by 99% of those that actually use.

I am with you! I am currently a Nikon D500 user but have been following the m43 and have appreciated the helpful and thoughtful responses posted by 99% of those that actually use.

My brother has a D500 -- it's an amazing camera. When we go birding, he brings the 300 2.8 and 1.4x TC. I am very impressed with his results, but even more impressed with the weight of his kit :) Next time I will have my new/old M-1 II and 40-150 f4 Pro which is obviously better than my M-10 II for moving birds.

M-10 II with 40-150 4-5.6
Great Blue Heron - 6.jpg
  • OLYMPUS CORPORATION - E-M10MarkII
  • OLYMPUS M.40-150mm F4.0-5.6 R
  • 150.0 mm
  • ƒ/9
  • 1/160 sec
  • Pattern
  • Manual exposure
  • ISO 200

Well done. It reminds me of when I had a Mamiya M645 soft soft lens adapted on board and took a comparative image of a white heron before and after soft focus. Must find them. Was interesting to see the actual direct difference.
Thank you Tom. I really liked the reflection.

My brother has a D500 -- it's an amazing camera. When we go birding, he brings the 300 2.8 and 1.4x TC. I am very impressed with his results, but even more impressed with the weight of his kit :) Next time I will have my new/old M-1 II and 40-150 f4 Pro which is obviously better than my M-10 II for moving birds.

View attachment 519
Very nice image with your 40-150.

... here, hoping this will once be a wonderful place to be. I am a user of several formats, but mainly m43. Already no longer that young, always a novice. I love photography, but I guess we all do.
Same here. Most of my gear is M43 but also use Sony APSC and considering the Canon R8.

View attachment 519
Looks like you have a good copy of the Plastic Fantastic. The f4 Pro ought to be noticeably better.

Back