DPR Forum

Welcome to the Friendly Aisles!
DPRF is a photography forum with people from all over the world freely sharing their knowledge and love of photography. Everybody is welcome, from beginners to the experienced professional. Whether it is Medium Format, fullframe, APS-C, MFT or smaller formats. Digital or film. DPRF is a forum for everybody and for every format.
Enjoy this modern, easy to use software. Look also at our Reviews & Gallery!

Moving into Rangefinder G1 good option

thanks for the point. Actually, I am trying to make sense of my equipment right now, and organize it. I need to get a table or something to put my: AX, S2, G2, lenses (28,35,45,50,85, 8-200), filters (upwards of 15), flash equipment, Negative Folders, a lightbox... etc

I have three camera bags, right now, needing another one just for the G-system.

Anyone have any suggestions on organizing all of this?

Ken Sweet

Hi Ken,

I keep much of my gear in an old four-drawer file cabinet. It was once used to store secure records, so has heavy duty drawer sliders and a beefy lock. It's ugly and old, but that's part of its charm. A casual observer would never suspect that inside is Zeiss heaven.

--Rick

Hi Rick,

> I keep much of my gear in an old four-drawer file cabinet. It was once > used to store secure records, so has heavy duty drawer sliders and a > beefy lock. It's ugly and old, but that's part of its charm. A casual > observer would never suspect that inside is Zeiss heaven.

Where are you located? We aren't allowed to have old ugly secure file cabinets where I live. If you could include your address and possibly a detailed map how to get there, and perhaps where in the house the old ugly file cabinet is, and when you're not going to be home...I'd certainly appreciate it ;-)

Austin...er...Arthur, yeah, that's my name...Arthur...

Arthur Dent?

I live in, uh, Jackpot. Jackpot, Nevada. That's the ticket. What a coincidence, eh?

Third double-wide on the left in the Lucky Dog trailer park. Bring an industrial dolly and a 3/4 ton pick-'em-up, the cabinet is pretty heavy (it's that darn Hasselblad stuff)!

--Rick

Its even easier if they all have black bodies and the word Contax on = them. The only comment I ever get now form my better half is on the weight of = my hand luggage - perhaps we should suggest that Kyocera stop making the = bodies and lenses out of depleted uranium. Wilson

I have both and the size difference is minor. If you put them side by side you see it but when your using the cameras you hardly notice.

Quote..........Actually, I am trying to make sense of my equipment right now, and organize it. I need to get a table or something to put my: AX, S2, G2, lenses (28,35,45,50,85, 8-200), filters (upwards of 15), flash equipment, Negative Folders, a lightbox... etc

I have three camera bags, right now, needing another one just for the G-system.

Anyone have any suggestions on organizing all of this?............Unquote.

It is a bit of a craft project, but this is what I did:

I keep my cameras in drawers that I have custom outfitted with "pool table" felt finished inside lining and dividers. To make the dividers, I bought "Gator Board" or "Foam Core Board" at a craft shop and the felt at a fabric shop. I cut the board (with an "Exacto" knife) into long strips, a bit taller than they need to be when finished. Then, using spray-mount adhesive I wrapped the felt around two sides and one edge. With this done, I then trimed the height of these fuzzy green strips to about an inch or two less than the depth of the drawers. I also made a felt-finished bottom panel for the drawers as well. With all these pieces ready at hand, I could then trim the strips to length to make a drawer insert of custom sized slots for bodies, lenses and accessories. I glue the pieces together and stabilize the assembly with pins pushed in from sides that will be concealed when it is in place. The finished result is like the interior of a giant jewelry box. A bit nerdish to go to this length, but a good use of a rainy Saturday afternoon.

Back